[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Everybody Ready For a Headache?????
For those looking for more speed through force. Forced Induction; Supercharger,Turbocharger or Nitrous discussion and maintenance.

Everybody Ready For a Headache?????

Everybody Ready For a Headache?????

Postby stund41 » Tue Nov 22, 2005 5:01 pm

All right ladies and gentleman; heres my dilema:

I as of tonight, have every single piece to my supercharger!!!!!!!! (this is a big feat for me considering some parts are almost impossible to find.)

Went to my dealer to set up an install date, pricing etc. (Before I go any further, I understand that the actuall blower I had bought on this site was slightly used, however I figured they would at least be able to come up with something to help me out.......boy was I wrong.

Now the employees at my dealership are all cool as hell. (really helped me out with discontinued parts for weeks), however the Head Honcho or guy who calls all of the shots is a total d*ckhead. Telling me that the Super Charger can't be installed unless it is brand new, and even if it was, the install itself would run me well over a grand. Basically telling me to give up and not install it.

WELL F*CK THAT!!!!!!!!!!! I will tell you right now fellas, I have come way too far to just lie down and give up now on this. Anyone else have similar problems getting their USED chargers installed.

Heres the other part of the problem, I have an extended warranty on the car untill 2007. Now I am all for taking risks, but it is how much of a risk that is the true question (This is my only car guy's and my love obsession at that...so if I can, I would rather not take any.) ANYONE CALL UP THEIR WARRANTY NUMBER AND ASK THE QUESTION REGARDING THE INSTALL OF A SUPERCHARGER??????? IF SO, WILL IT VOID ALL ENGINE MAINTENENCE COMPLETELY?????? ANY KEY WORDS TO USE WHEN DISCUSSING THE PROBLEM TO THEM??? I have no problem chancing a used blower, its just if something else goes wrong on the other side of the engine bay, I want to have the assurance that I am covered for that.

The Main guy over there (aka. d*ckhead) did tell me to call up some other toyota dealers because they might be able to do it, plus I got a guy who is a pro at toyota's (who used to work at this dealership) who could install it, but ultimately if I could; I would rather have some kind of a warranty on the install, OR AT LEAST THE CONTINUATION OF MY EXISTING WARRANTY MINUS THE SUPERCHARGER!!!!!

Looks like I have to make some phone calls.....Sorry for ranting and raving......I know this should probably be under a differnent subject (general chat...service rants.) But I need advice quick, and I need it from the pros on here who know all about supercharging, and the hassles they had to go through.

As Always Any Help in the form of advice or examples would gretly be appreciated. YOU GUYS ALWAYS COME THROUGH FOR ME!!!!!

Here's to hoping!!!!!! :drinking:

Travis (stund41)
stund41
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Akfahad » Wed Nov 23, 2005 3:16 am

I almost had the same problem as you did. I bought a used supercharger from a fellow member...got all the parts with it, etc. I went to my local toyota dealer to see if they would install it and how much it would be. I just plain out asked them how much it would be to install a supercharger on a '99 solara. They didn't ask if it was new or used, they just assumed it was new (this came to my advantage). They quoted me a price of $338 (or something close to it). Once they got the car in the shop and started the install, they realized it was used. Fortunately for me, the dealership held their word and only charged me what they quoted me. The car actually was in their shop for about a week and a half since I was missing one bolt, which was a key bolt. I wasn't charged for storage either while I was searching for the bolt.

My recommendation, since you've already been dealing with this one dealership and they already know it's used, try another dealership and flat out ask them, how much it would be to do the install. Don't tell them it's used. If they ask you whether or not it's used, try to beat around the bush a little if you can. Also, ask if there is a daily charge for storage of the vehicle if something doesn't go right (like your missing a bolt or something). I'm pretty sure the dealer that installed my supercharger said that they could not warranty their work on it since it was a used supercharger, but they'll still do the install.

If you can't get any dealer to do it, try to find a reputable shop (ASE certified) that will do supercharger installs. Or get your friend to do it. That's what I'd recommend. Hope that helps.

Josh
Akfahad
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby bunthy » Fri Nov 25, 2005 6:59 am

first off, CONGRATS TRavis!!! You've been hard looking for all the pieces!

As for install, just ask around and see what they quote you. As for warrenty, I think it should be a new charger with all the papaerwork and stuff I think.

I think ( not sure cause I did some cleaning when I moved out of my house) that I still may have the yellow warrenty card. If I do, I'll send that to you to see if they can use that for warrenty coverage. As for install, if you really can't find anyone, try a diy. If you want, i can help but I'm up in MA (6hrs drive I think). If you've got relatives up here come on up and I'll install it for ya.

Lowell, MA

Good luck Travis.
bunthy
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby SC V6 » Fri Nov 25, 2005 9:57 am

just install it yourself.. you will love it...
Parting out my car!!! great upgrades for sale!
http://www.solaraguy.org/viewtopic.php?t=34449

Denso IK22's (6), SWAP PARTS! and more!!!
SC V6
SolaraGuy Professional Racer
SolaraGuy Professional Racer

Who Cares

Postby JMSinMaryland » Fri Nov 25, 2005 10:17 am

I think the dealership is making excuses. As long as you have all the parts it doesn't matter if it's new or used. I paid $350 for my install on my old Solara. What state are you in? A lot of us are spread around the country and we can probably advise you of a dealership that can install it. Good luck. Jon.
17" Toyota Highlander Limited wheels for sale
http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/g ... ed-wheels/
JMSinMaryland
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Return to Forced Induction