[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - s/c fun
For those looking for more speed through force. Forced Induction; Supercharger,Turbocharger or Nitrous discussion and maintenance.

s/c fun

Postby 209solara » Wed Jan 26, 2005 6:20 pm

well i took a look at the connections and gabe, "trd4life" was right. the jackals hooked up my hoses wrong!!! :drinking: there are 2 hoses that in the old manual say "trd supplies caps to cover these hoses." In the supplement it actually routes thes hoses to parts in the engine. since trd no longer supplies the caps for those two hoses, what did the mcguyver like techs do? THEY PUT SCREWS IN THE HOSES TO BLOCK THEM OFF INSTEAD. :x I guess it would be too much of a hassle to actually read the install materials provided. im going there tommorow to bitch
209solara
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby BustaRice » Wed Jan 26, 2005 8:59 pm

Wow I am getting the same exact problem that you are having! As soon as a shop installed it my CEL came on and P0171 for too lean bank 1 ! I hope it's a vacuum hose connected wrong I will look at the manual and take a look. That is.. if I can understand it at all blah.
BustaRice
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Vampire » Wed Jan 26, 2005 9:42 pm

The caps were used if you didn't hook up the EBC. It does no harm if they hooked it up using the old manual. If they did install it that way, check to make sure they ran a vacuum tube from the barb under the neck of the SC near the throttle body to the bypasss valve. That's how I have it hooked up. Way better. Basically boost on demand instead of boost being rpm dependent.
Paul

02 Solara SE V6 5spd SC
00 Camry LE V6 Auto SC
Vampire
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby 808Camry » Wed Jan 26, 2005 10:21 pm

Hey Paul, can you explain that a bit more I want to try that.
808Camry
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby 209solara » Thu Jan 27, 2005 12:13 pm

took it back, got them to fix the vaccum lines, and got a free oil change with synthetic and there 75k mile tune up deal for free. no more cel, so those of you who think the injen is the problem, i gotta say its not.
209solara
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby BustaRice » Thu Jan 27, 2005 12:56 pm

i took your advice and looked at the supplemental diagram for the wiring and all my wiring is correct! guess that wasn't the problem. now I really don't know what the p0171 cel is telling me now.
BustaRice
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby WortownSolara » Fri Jan 28, 2005 11:36 am

i would still get the fuel upgrade guys. Safer is the best way to be.
If it doesn't kill you.....it only makes you faster!
WortownSolara
Audio Guru
Audio Guru

Postby 209solara » Fri Jan 28, 2005 1:11 pm

already called jim, safer is always better. $200 for fuel upgrade or $200 plus for knock sensors...easy decision in my (pocket)book
209solara
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Vampire » Fri Jan 28, 2005 4:09 pm

If you follow the TRD SC installation manual only and don't do the EBC install outlined on a supplement, you will see that they tell you to disconnect the little vacuum lines from the small vacuum tank located under the battery. Those lines are disconnected from the VSV that used to actuate the ACIS (the little arm and lever located on the passenger side of the stock intake). Where the small vacuum tank lines were attached are then plugged with small rubber caps that TRD used to send in the early kits. I believe later kits don't have the caps because TRD insists you install the EBC. The SC install manual also shows that you connect a vacuum hose from the 90 degree barb that is located under the SC neck that connects to the throttle body and attach the other end to the bypass valve. What that does is give you boost that is dependent upon load. That load being the MAP pressure in the intake. At high vacuum such as at idle or cruise the bypass stays open and the SC does not boost. Anytime you gas it or are at WOT the MAP pressure goes toward zero and the bypass closes and you are boosting.
There is the concern of boost cut at redline but I have had no problems and that is another long explanation.

808Camry wrote:Hey Paul, can you explain that a bit more I want to try that.
Paul

02 Solara SE V6 5spd SC
00 Camry LE V6 Auto SC
Vampire
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby 209solara » Fri Jan 28, 2005 4:18 pm

vampire is on it. the car is nticible slower now that its hooked up "correctly" but sacrifcing a lil speed and not having a cel is worth it to me. rather boost a lil at a time then all the time and blow something.
209solara
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby 808Camry » Fri Jan 28, 2005 4:24 pm

Paul,

Do you still have your EBC hooked up with this setup?
808Camry
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Vampire » Fri Jan 28, 2005 8:58 pm

nope.

808Camry wrote:Paul,

Do you still have your EBC hooked up with this setup?
Paul

02 Solara SE V6 5spd SC
00 Camry LE V6 Auto SC
Vampire
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Previous

Return to Forced Induction