[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - rough start the other day...
For those looking for more speed through force. Forced Induction; Supercharger,Turbocharger or Nitrous discussion and maintenance.

rough start the other day...

rough start the other day...

Postby DavPak » Sat Aug 28, 2004 5:56 am

has anyone else ever had a rough start after letting the car sit for a while? this happened to me twice. the first time, the car had sat for 4-5 days without being driven and more recently sat for 11 days while i was on vacation. when i started it up, i got a low rumble that i could feel in the floor and steering wheel. this lasted for about 5 seconds. then it lessened to a minor vibration for about 15 seconds, then it went away completely!
i immediately thought my air filter wasn't on all the way, but i popped the hood and it looked fine.
eh, its no biggie, i was just curious if anyone else had that problem.
'02 Solara S/C'ed V6 5-spd
DavPak
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby xtychx » Sat Aug 28, 2004 11:16 am

Sounds like the ECU is attempting to clear an error code for some reason, but it could be a variety of problems. Off the top of my head, broken PCV, faulty air fuel sensor, faulty IAC valve or a broken EGR valve.

-xtychx

TRD Supercharger @ 7 lbs – JP Headers - Injen CAI – 3” catback to Hayame XT2 exhaust – 320cc bosch fuel injectors – 190 lph walbro fuel pump – SS FTC Fuel Management – B&M Transmission Cooler
xtychx
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Yanks0114 » Sat Aug 28, 2004 11:48 am

I don't think that its a problem.

Were the RPMs real low? Sounds similar to when you reset your ECU and it needs to relearn a/f ratio, it'll idle real low
Yanks0114
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby DavPak » Sun Aug 29, 2004 12:20 pm

Yanks0114 wrote:I don't think that its a problem.

Were the RPMs real low? Sounds similar to when you reset your ECU and it needs to relearn a/f ratio, it'll idle real low

i don't think its a problem either. RPM's were low at first, then came up gradually. check engine light never came on.
whatever, its no biggie.
'02 Solara S/C'ed V6 5-spd
DavPak
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby shidosha01 » Sun Aug 29, 2004 6:34 pm

DavPak wrote:
Yanks0114 wrote:I don't think that its a problem.

i don't think its a problem either. RPM's were low at first, then came up gradually. check engine light never came on.
whatever, its no biggie.

No worries Dave. Same thing happened to me the other day. I had my car sitting in the shop for almost two weeks with the negative terminal of the battery disconnected. I was freaking out about the RPMs getting real low at idle. But now "white chocolate" is fine.
Rizal D. / Forever "tabasco"
99 V6 SE 5spd FT61 1MZ-FTE
393whp/445ft-lbs. TQ @15psi
shidosha01
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Return to Forced Induction