[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Radiator Fan stays on with SC?
For those looking for more speed through force. Forced Induction; Supercharger,Turbocharger or Nitrous discussion and maintenance.

Radiator Fan stays on with SC?

Radiator Fan stays on with SC?

Postby 808Camry » Fri Aug 06, 2004 1:34 am

This happens on occasion where I turn off my car and the fan still goes for a few seconds, i.e. if I leave the AC on then turn off the car it still blows out air But usually for like 1-2 seconds. Today for some reason, I turned off my car no AC on at all and the radiator fan was still going until I got back in the car turned the car to the on postion and then off again, then it turned off. Is this normal?
808Camry
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Mole » Fri Aug 06, 2004 9:14 am

i get that fan thing going on for 1-2 seconds too.

but as for the radiator fan staying on... never heard of that. was it really warm the day the fan was left on?
the power of 8
Mole
molerator
molerator

Postby 808Camry » Fri Aug 06, 2004 11:01 am

it was in the evening and it was average temps, like 80ish. The engine bay was super hot though, but I think that's just how it normally is, I was probably being a bit more worried since the fan was on. It didn't do it again this morning so we'll see.
808Camry
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Jai_Jai_Binks » Mon Aug 09, 2004 12:38 pm

i asked this question long time back (either here or sc3)..about adding a timer to a non turbo car. Cus' on my 5s celica too when i used to turn off the car and leave it on the accessory position (the ACC position) the fan stayed on for like 25-30 seconds. I've seen teh same fate on my 5s solara as well. I'm guessing its TX heat for me...I've now learnt to turn off the car at ACC position and then take out bags (groceries, briefcase...) and by the end..the fan switches off.....(haha: my neighbors assumed this to be a turbo timer... :drinking: )....regardless coming back to your case...only once on my celica was the fan on for a long time...at that time, i just pop'ed the hood and let the heat escape...seconds after hood was popped..the fan stopped! Hence my age old question - why don't we add timers to non-turbo cars?
Jai_Jai_Binks
Desi SolaraGuy
Desi SolaraGuy

Postby Mole » Mon Aug 09, 2004 1:31 pm

turbo timers are meant for the engine to idle for the turbine to have oil flow through instead of leaving the hot oil inside the turbine shell.

having the oil flow through for 1-2 mins lets the turbo cool down and is less likely to have problems in the future as opposed to people who just shut the car off after parking.

the oil also gets sludgy if you dont let the turbo cool down too.

in my case, my alarm has "valet" mode which enables me to run the car as long as 12 mins after i've left the vehicle. i've gotten into a habit of turning that on to cool or warm up the car.
the power of 8
Mole
molerator
molerator

Postby cdssolara » Mon Aug 09, 2004 3:12 pm

I haven't had this happen to me, and I've had the supercharger for almost 2 1/2 years. I just moved to a hotter area, though, so maybe I'll begin to notice this.
cdssolara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Fletch » Tue Aug 10, 2004 11:49 am

My fan goes/stays on for 1-2 seconds after the car is turned off also, not every time I drive though.
2006 Legacy GT spec.B

(Totaled) '99 SE V6, TRD S/C, 5.5 psi Pulley, Jim's Fuel Upgrade, TRD Shortshifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Lightweight Flywheel, Tokico / Eibach, TRD RSB, 2.5" Custom Y-Pipe, Greddy Cat-Back
Fletch
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to Forced Induction