[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - not feeling much boost-
For those looking for more speed through force. Forced Induction; Supercharger,Turbocharger or Nitrous discussion and maintenance.

not feeling much boost-

not feeling much boost-

Postby champs-solara » Fri Jul 16, 2004 3:00 pm

OK- so I installed my TRD S/C and I feel a difference- but nothing too earth shattering... is something not right or what- it just seems like for the money I spent on the damn thing- it's not blowing certain cars off the line- and yes this is embarassing - like a 92ish mercury sable :x - I was like what the $*#&!!!!!- any ideas or comments why I am not getting much would be cool- I had some issues hooking up all of the hoses- could something not be hooked up right- the directions that came along showing how to hook them up absolutley sucked!-
champs-solara
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby michaels artic frost » Fri Jul 16, 2004 5:07 pm

How much did u spend on the TRD S/C, parts and labor?
Updated 06/01/12: Michael T's
Updated 06/01/12: JUICED! 232whp 294ft/lbs of torque
"Every passing minute is another chance to turn it all around."
michaels artic frost
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby Yanks0114 » Fri Jul 16, 2004 9:04 pm

well off the line its not going to blow many cars away because you don't get boost until 3800RPMs which is about ~20mph.
Yanks0114
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby cdssolara » Fri Jul 16, 2004 9:51 pm

Do you have an auto tranny? The extra power of the supercharger seems more apparent for people with 5 speeds.
cdssolara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby JoeB » Sat Jul 17, 2004 6:39 am

I have an auto and think the difference is significant. Maybe it is just the level of expectation. You weren't expecting a Fast and Furiuos blurred vision effect were you? :wink: -JoeB
Please stop by and rate my ride.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/jbailer
JoeB
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby champs-solara » Sat Jul 17, 2004 8:52 am

I spent 2600 on the s/c- brand new. (Mike's Artic) Maybe I did have too high of expectations of the "boost" off the line, but on the highway I blew away a pontiac- after 80 I felt it really kicking in and I flew to 100 effortlessly hehe- I haven't installed the EBC controls yet- could that be a factor too???
champs-solara
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby SC V6 » Sat Jul 17, 2004 10:17 am

u havn't installed the EBC??? thats probably why u arn't feeling boost.. im surprised that it even runs w\o the electronic boost controller... u NEED THAT HOOKED UP!!!
Parting out my car!!! great upgrades for sale!
http://www.solaraguy.org/viewtopic.php?t=34449

Denso IK22's (6), SWAP PARTS! and more!!!
SC V6
SolaraGuy Professional Racer

Postby all_red » Sat Jul 17, 2004 6:09 pm

SC V6 wrote:u havn't installed the EBC??? thats probably why u arn't feeling boost.. im surprised that it even runs w\o the electronic boost controller... u NEED THAT HOOKED UP!!!

I think it would run fine without the EBC.. its there just to protect the Auto tranny so it cuts boost between shifts.. I guess many ppl don't have that EBC installed.. correct me if I'm worng guys...
5-speed V6.
TRD Supercharger.
TRD Short Throw Shifter.
Tokico/Eibach combo.
all_red
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby cdssolara » Sun Jul 18, 2004 12:44 am

JoeB wrote:I have an auto and think the difference is significant. Maybe it is just the level of expectation. You weren't expecting a Fast and Furiuos blurred vision effect were you? :wink: -JoeB

Well, of course there's a significant difference now...look at everything you've added to your car! :D Seriously, though, did you feel that the difference was very significant with just the s/c and stock boost?
cdssolara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby JoeB » Sun Jul 18, 2004 6:20 am

cdssolara wrote:Well, of course there's a significant difference now...look at everything you've added to your car! :D Seriously, though, did you feel that the difference was very significant with just the s/c and stock boost?

Sure there was a significant difference but definitely not off the line. As you said, you don't really feel it kicking in until ~3800rpm. Even with that difference though, it still isn't a race car and I wouldn't feel super confident pulling up next to every other car. I gotta admit though I would be upset if I couldn't take a Mercury Sable too. I'm not saying anything bad about that car but just the idea...

champs-solara, what I did that really helped was fuel system upgrades, recalibrating the tranny valve bodies and adding a 2000rpm high stall converter. I found this site Underdog Racing Development and the guys there really helped me out. Before that, my car wouldn't even spin the tires off the line, only if I power braked and then still it was just a chirp. Now it's smoke city! -JoeB

http://www.urdusa.com/
http://www.gadgetonline.com/
Please stop by and rate my ride.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/jbailer
JoeB
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Re: not feeling much boost-

Postby Mole » Sun Jul 18, 2004 10:23 am

champs-solara wrote:OK- so I installed my TRD S/C and I feel a difference- but nothing too earth shattering... is something not right or what- it just seems like for the money I spent on the damn thing- it's not blowing certain cars off the line- and yes this is embarassing - like a 92ish mercury sable :x - I was like what the $*#&!!!!!- any ideas or comments why I am not getting much would be cool- I had some issues hooking up all of the hoses- could something not be hooked up right- the directions that came along showing how to hook them up absolutley sucked!-

what other mods have you done?

just by simply dropping in the S/C will not give you miracles.

you have to do other stuff to the car as well.

if you are auto, i strongly suggest you install that EBC, what SC V6 said, or else you will be in tranny trouble in the near future.
the power of 8
Mole
molerator
molerator

Postby SC V6 » Sun Jul 18, 2004 10:55 am

SO how many manuals don't have the EBC hooked up?? im curious... has anyone had it hooked up w\ a manual, then disconnected it and felt a difference?
Parting out my car!!! great upgrades for sale!
http://www.solaraguy.org/viewtopic.php?t=34449

Denso IK22's (6), SWAP PARTS! and more!!!
SC V6

EBC

Postby jim@foreignaffairs » Tue Jul 20, 2004 3:53 pm

Automatics don't need the EBC. My car, a 2001 SLE has 274.9 hp at the wheels and has never had the EBC attached. I want boost when I want boost, that is whenever my foot goes down, not when the EBC decides it is OK. Sure the EBC was designed to make life easy on the AT, however, the only changes I have made to the AT are synthetic ATF and a Permacool cooler, and my AT is still happy at 25k miles, even with well over 100 additional HP pushing it.
jim@foreignaffairs
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Yanks0114 » Fri Jul 23, 2004 7:27 pm

Jim I agree that in your situation the EBC isn't necessary, but for some people I would still advise to install it. If the car is a daily driver and you beat on it then i'd install the EBC.

It all depends on the situation
Yanks0114
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Return to Forced Induction