[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - fuel pump and pressure regulator for s/c
For those looking for more speed through force. Forced Induction; Supercharger,Turbocharger or Nitrous discussion and maintenance.

fuel pump and pressure regulator for s/c

Postby grnsolara » Tue Jul 13, 2004 11:41 pm

The FPR mounts inside the fuel tank...takes a little bit of modification. I don't have an exact link, but if you look up "TRD fuel pressure regulator" it will bring up results. I guess it's "universal", but some people were sayin' earlier that doesn't necessarily mean it will fit my car. But from what I was reading it mounts by the fuel pump and takes the place of the stock FPR.

I contacted JET about the ecu, and they said there chip does not take effect until 1500 rpm's, so anything rough below that is not their doing.
I read forums more than I talk. /shame
grnsolara
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby JoeB » Wed Jul 14, 2004 6:10 am

If someone told you it mounts in the tank and replaces the old regulator, they may be misleading you. I would double check that. I did a search, found a picture and read a description. This is a boost dependant regulator designed to add 1psi of fuel pressure with each psi of boost. To do that, you would need to run a vacuum/pressure line from your sc in to your fuel tank to the regulator. Besides, it is only adjustable from 35-55psi. From what I've been told, that still isn't enough pressure. We should be looking for 59psi. The unit I saw was $200, does that sound right? -JoeB
Please stop by and rate my ride.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/jbailer
JoeB
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby nmatthis » Wed Jul 14, 2004 7:59 pm

Maybe it's your throttle position sensor? Mine acted up and the result was that every once in a while the idle would get rough and drop well below 1000 rpm, almost stalling. Replaced it, and has never done it since.

grnsolara wrote:Thanks for the info all of you. I'm kinda new at the modifyin', so all I really know how to do is read and reason :oops:

I bought the universal TRD fuel pressure regulator and the pump. One of my friends suggested the 02 sensor, so I bought a denso replacement for the rear of the cat, but it's probably the other sensor up front. However, I don't know where I can find that 02 sensor for a decent price.

As for the other stuff...I had the Toyota dealership check all the vacuum lines and check for leaks at the manifolds. They say that everything is okay on their end. The ECU has been modified by JET which is supposed to deliver more fuel (according to JET). The plugs only have like 4,000 miles on them (NGK iridium IX). I've got TRD telling me "Go back to stock airbox and stock ECU." I'm just kinda confused. My car is fine when it's started up and idles at about 1,000 rpm's. However, lately it's been dropping as low as 300 rpm's!!! Now I'm worried and haven't been driving it until the FPR and pump arrive.

However, that fuel upgrade package from Jim sound like a kickass idea, but I'm tryin' to pace myself a little on funds because I probably need to upgrade the injectors now to RC Engineering. Anyone know what CC to go with??? All input is always appreciated. Thanks.
Neal Matthis
DWP 99 Solara SE V6 5-spd
TRD Supercharger (4 psi)
TRD struts/springs
TRD quickshifter
Whiteline RSB
160k+ miles
nmatthis
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby grnsolara » Fri Jul 16, 2004 9:59 pm

Throttle position sensor could be a likely possibility. I will have to check into that for sure.

JoeB found the thing that I was buying...so I have to run a vacuum line back? Will this thing help at all then? Do you have any suggestions on what type of FPR to buy then...any links or suggestions are greatly appreciated.
I read forums more than I talk. /shame
grnsolara
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby JoeB » Sat Jul 17, 2004 6:35 am

I would not buy a regulator unless you are modifying to a return line system. If so, the one you are buying should be ok but ideally would go to at least 60psi. Otherwise, I would return the one you're getting and do the free fuel pressure regulator mod. -JoeB
Please stop by and rate my ride.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/jbailer
JoeB
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Previous

Return to Forced Induction