[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - HELP!! Supercharger Woes
For those looking for more speed through force. Forced Induction; Supercharger,Turbocharger or Nitrous discussion and maintenance.

HELP!! Supercharger Woes

HELP!! Supercharger Woes

Postby ~Spadwaller~ » Thu Aug 18, 2005 10:00 pm

So the dude that installed my Supercharger noticed some things were missing i.e. Pulley, spacer, bolt, etc. So he didn't put them in. I turn on the car and the car starts shaking and has the check engine light on. We drive granny slow over to the @utoZone and get the code reader: it says misfiring on all 6 cyclinders and o2 sensors. Basically I question is, Help?! What should I do now can I drive the car without the engine exploding?

P.S I'm exhausted please forgive grammar and spelling.
Last edited by ~Spadwaller~ on Thu Aug 18, 2005 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Spadwaller~
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby SC V6 » Thu Aug 18, 2005 10:03 pm

the misfiring could be the ECU trying to get used to the new mod.. if it has a rough idle.. check the hoses under the hood.. that would be a vacumm leak
Parting out my car!!! great upgrades for sale!
http://www.solaraguy.org/viewtopic.php?t=34449

Denso IK22's (6), SWAP PARTS! and more!!!
SC V6
SolaraGuy Professional Racer

Postby ~Spadwaller~ » Thu Aug 18, 2005 10:10 pm

Could it be because the guy wasn't able to put on the other grooved pulley on? The supercharger is super hot to the touch too. Thanks, I'm scared $#@%less right now. I havent installed the ECU Boost control yet either. How do you determine a vaccum leak? only visually
~Spadwaller~
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby SpeedSTARs » Thu Aug 18, 2005 11:05 pm

~Spadwaller~ wrote: How do you determine a vaccum leak? only visually

If its a vacuum leak the visual would be a loose hose laying around. Check the gas vapor hose located above the fuel filter on the dirver side shock tower area. If this is disconnected the engine will have a heavy hesitation in throttle response. See if that helps. Just like "SC V6" said.
SpeedSTARs
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby krawzyazn » Thu Aug 18, 2005 11:10 pm

dude what the phuck you doing your supposed to have everything before you put it on pray that your engine is ok
2002 2AZ-FE SILVER Toyota Solara
<B>FIRST 2AZ Gen 1.5 Solara with Headers!!!</b>

<B>http://WWW.Obamastinks.net</B>
krawzyazn
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer

Postby siennasc98 » Thu Aug 18, 2005 11:12 pm

Do you know the code(s) number? He might forgot to plug in the MAF (top cover of the air filter box) connector. You need all three pulleys (1-smooth and 2-grooved) in the idler plate assembly; otherwise your belt will be loose and can damage the long belt. For a new install, the top grooved is really tough to attach but there is a trick and it's in the installation manual. The dynamic belt tensioner must be pushed back and insert a nail (there is a hole in the idler plate for this step) to keep it in place while you attach (the top 1st) the grooved pulleys.

Good luck.
siennasc98
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby DatSRBoi » Thu Aug 18, 2005 11:36 pm

Supercharger noticed some things were missing i.e. Pulley, spacer, bolt, etc. So he didn't put them in.

Are you saying your running it without a pulley? Might be the car choking so causing early detonation.. Put the stock back on dude... And check your valcum hose... It should plug into the back of the S/C somewhere i think...

Did you guys have a manuel??? Heres a PDF one...

http://www.friendlyshare.com/files/1TRDSC.pdf

Page 5 & 14 is what im talking about....And make sure the pulley belt isnt loose..if it is then the pulley isnt running..so means no air coming in so it chokes..If your missing a pulley then DONT INSTALL IT.. Its meant to have everything on.. Good luck bro..hope you fiz it...
[b][color=red]WARNING: MY SIGNATURE MAY CAUSE SEIZURES![/color][/b]
DatSRBoi
Grumpy SolaraGuy
Grumpy SolaraGuy

Postby Astro » Fri Aug 19, 2005 12:01 am

This is why I paid $360 for the dealer to install it...but I did make sure I had all the parts...good luck :drinking:
ImageImage
Lexus lip kit, LED tails, F-Sport Intake, HKS hi-power exhaust, TEIN S-tech springs
Astro

Postby OKANG » Fri Aug 19, 2005 8:34 am

DatSRBoi wrote:
Supercharger noticed some things were missing i.e. Pulley, spacer, bolt, etc. So he didn't put them in.

Are you saying your running it without a pulley? Might be the car choking so causing early detonation.. Put the stock back on dude... And check your valcum hose... It should plug into the back of the S/C somewhere i think...

Did you guys have a manuel??? Heres a PDF one...

http://www.friendlyshare.com/files/1TRDSC.pdf

Page 5 & 14 is what im talking about....And make sure the pulley belt isnt loose..if it is then the pulley isnt running..so means no air coming in so it chokes..If your missing a pulley then DONT INSTALL IT.. Its meant to have everything on.. Good luck bro..hope you fiz it...

To me, if your mechanic friend really knew what he was doing he wouldn't do an install like that without instructions. That's just silly. Even dealers have manuals to make sure they don't forget anything. Also, by having a manual you avoid missing parts.

Sounds like it was done half-a$$. Go back to stock and try again when you've got all the parts and the knowledge needed to complete it successfully.
Cogito Ergo Zoom
OKANG
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby SC V6 » Fri Aug 19, 2005 8:44 am

DO NOT DRIVE THAT!!!! get that other pulley on there before you move it.. the system is ment to run w\ all the parts.. do not run it without any of the parts.. get that other pulley in there asap
Parting out my car!!! great upgrades for sale!
http://www.solaraguy.org/viewtopic.php?t=34449

Denso IK22's (6), SWAP PARTS! and more!!!
SC V6

Postby ~Spadwaller~ » Fri Aug 19, 2005 9:18 am

Yeah I got a bad installation I got a radiator hose leak that I managed to repair I see that the guy put vaccum caps where they weren't supposed to be. Im trying to get a hold of milt to see if he can help me out. If not i'm going to a very experienced speed shop. :( Woe'th me I gonna get it towed now
~Spadwaller~
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby SpeedSTARs » Fri Aug 19, 2005 1:01 pm

~Spadwaller~ wrote:Yeah I got a bad installation I got a radiator hose leak that I managed to repair I see that the guy put vaccum caps where they weren't supposed to be. Im trying to get a hold of milt to see if he can help me out. If not i'm going to a very experienced speed shop. :( Woe'th me I gonna get it towed now

Dayam... Sound like you've been a vitim of a hack-job Bro. :(
Were you missing the parts or did the installer lose your parts? I hope your ride gets back on the road soon.
SpeedSTARs
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby ~Spadwaller~ » Fri Aug 19, 2005 1:30 pm

I wasn't missing anything except the hoses the installer couldn't figure it out. :( The engine light came on last night but disappeared this morning. I went to my destination and it came back on in 30 mins?. I keep disconnecting my battery so I don’t have that light on but I’m guessing that only works for so long.
~Spadwaller~
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby SpeedSTARs » Fri Aug 19, 2005 1:44 pm

~Spadwaller~ wrote:I wasn't missing anything except the hoses the installer couldn't figure it out. :( The engine light came on last night but disappeared this morning. I went to my destination and it came back on in 30 mins?. I keep disconnecting my battery so I don’t have that light on but I’m guessing that only works for so long.

There is a vacuum hose diagram located by the hood latch of the hood, a little to your right of the latch (if your stnding front of vehicle). It shows how the lines are suppose to be routed to the OEM setting. If the installer should've studied the diagram to the new SC application to get the proper hose connections. See if this is useful to coorect the problem.
SpeedSTARs
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Next

Return to Forced Induction