[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Superchargers???
For those looking for more speed through force. Forced Induction; Supercharger,Turbocharger or Nitrous discussion and maintenance.

Superchargers???

Superchargers???

Postby M_ABILLONES » Fri Sep 23, 2005 10:00 pm

I'm new to tuning Solaras so here goes: I'm planning on adding a TRD Supercharger in my Solara & I was wondering which aftermarket companies make:

a. High Flow Fuel Pump(Walbro I'm pretty sure right?)
b. High Flow Fuel Rails
c. High Flow Fuel Injectors
d. Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator

Also, when doing a Supercharger install, what else should I do to extract every bit of horsepower from the engine (I'm thinking of getting a minor porting and polishing from the intake and exhaust side)...

Thanks,

Mark
M_ABILLONES
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby ~Spadwaller~ » Fri Sep 23, 2005 10:04 pm

If you've got money
http://www.urdusa.com/product_info.php?products_id=110000017

and don't forget

Jim's fuel upgrade
~Spadwaller~
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby M_ABILLONES » Fri Sep 23, 2005 10:07 pm

Dude thanks for posting that up. That's exactly what I'm looking for...a complete fuel kit for a "boost" install...actually $899 is pretty cheap for this kinda set up...i had a wrx before and the whole fuel system costed me close to $2000...perrin, aps, all that jdm expensive stuff
M_ABILLONES
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby ~Spadwaller~ » Fri Sep 23, 2005 10:09 pm

My paypal is addy is spadwaller@hotmail.com if you wanna put alittle rattle in my cup. :lol:
~Spadwaller~
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby arch.HI » Sat Sep 24, 2005 12:05 am

M_ABILLONES wrote:How about some High Flow Fuel Rails? Any companies out there make them for Solaras?

Nope
2000 Camry LE V6
TRD Supercharged
arch.HI
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Astro » Sat Sep 24, 2005 12:08 am

M_ABILLONES wrote:How about some High Flow Fuel Rails? Any companies out there make them for Solaras?

-sorry I accidentally erased your post.

No fuel rails, unfortunately. Also, we can't use the adjustable fuel regulator. Our stock ones flow good enough. I just had all those installed, I just need to upgrade my clutch, tune the S-AFCII on the lo throttle with the ODBII scanner, then I can hit the dyno for the hi throttle. Don't forget to look at getting a Supra TT MAF kit sold here by trd4life (Gabe). Good luck!!
Last edited by Astro on Sat Sep 24, 2005 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Lexus lip kit, LED tails, F-Sport Intake, HKS hi-power exhaust, TEIN S-tech springs
Astro
SolaraGuy Professional Racer

Postby arch.HI » Sat Sep 24, 2005 12:12 am

You'll also want to get Jim @ Foreign Affairs fuel line upgrade kit. It comes with higher flowing fuel filter and lines from the filter to the fuel rails. Give him a call at 503-236-2871
2000 Camry LE V6
TRD Supercharged
arch.HI
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Astro » Sat Sep 24, 2005 12:25 am

arch.HI wrote:You'll also want to get Jim @ Foreign Affairs fuel line upgrade kit. It comes with higher flowing fuel filter and lines from the filter to the fuel rails. Give him a call at 503-236-2871

Man, I forgot the most important mod!! :drinking:
ImageImage
Lexus lip kit, LED tails, F-Sport Intake, HKS hi-power exhaust, TEIN S-tech springs
Astro

Postby Fletch » Mon Sep 26, 2005 3:43 am

As I'm sure you have surmised, the fuel upgrades, especially with a A/F piggyback will allow you to safely push some more air than stock 4psi. The general consensus is that 6psi is the absolute limit with stock internals, several have chosen to stick with a safer 5.5psi (2.9" I think).

Pulleys are available at pulleyboys.com and a few other places.
2006 Legacy GT spec.B

(Totaled) '99 SE V6, TRD S/C, 5.5 psi Pulley, Jim's Fuel Upgrade, TRD Shortshifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Lightweight Flywheel, Tokico / Eibach, TRD RSB, 2.5" Custom Y-Pipe, Greddy Cat-Back
Fletch
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby M_ABILLONES » Mon Sep 26, 2005 7:08 am

Someone should make a set of upgraded fuel lines for the solara. I mean an increase of 50+ horsepower is enough to deprive the engine from a restrictive stock fuel line...just from my experience with tuning a wrx it's a must that i replace all the stock fuel components in favor for a more flowing aftermarket ones...i just hope that the solara's stock fuel lines flows evenly to all the cylinder under idle and full load...hate to see a cooked piston....
M_ABILLONES
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Dimik » Tue Oct 04, 2005 9:28 pm

finally some one answered where to get jim's fuel kit, how much is it??
Dimik
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby DatSRBoi » Tue Oct 04, 2005 9:47 pm

M_ABILLONES wrote:Someone should make a set of upgraded fuel lines for the solara. I mean an increase of 50+ horsepower is enough to deprive the engine from a restrictive stock fuel line...just from my experience with tuning a wrx it's a must that i replace all the stock fuel components in favor for a more flowing aftermarket ones...i just hope that the solara's stock fuel lines flows evenly to all the cylinder under idle and full load...hate to see a cooked piston....

arch.HI wrote:
You'll also want to get Jim @ Foreign Affairs fuel line upgrade kit. It comes with higher flowing fuel filter and lines from the filter to the fuel rails. Give him a call at 503-236-2871

Didnt you see.
[b][color=red]WARNING: MY SIGNATURE MAY CAUSE SEIZURES![/color][/b]
DatSRBoi
Grumpy SolaraGuy
Grumpy SolaraGuy

Postby Dimik » Thu Oct 06, 2005 2:18 pm

how much!! how much!!?!? :o
Dimik
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Fletch » Fri Oct 07, 2005 3:28 am

FA fuel kit is $200.
2006 Legacy GT spec.B

(Totaled) '99 SE V6, TRD S/C, 5.5 psi Pulley, Jim's Fuel Upgrade, TRD Shortshifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Lightweight Flywheel, Tokico / Eibach, TRD RSB, 2.5" Custom Y-Pipe, Greddy Cat-Back
Fletch
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Dimik » Sat Oct 08, 2005 8:46 pm

200, cool, now.. is it pointless to get it without a supercharger?
Dimik
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to Forced Induction