[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - HELP!! Supercharger Woes
For those looking for more speed through force. Forced Induction; Supercharger,Turbocharger or Nitrous discussion and maintenance.

HELP!! Supercharger Woes

Postby ~Spadwaller~ » Sun Aug 21, 2005 10:17 am

Monday I have an appointment to Harv's Performance Ctr (where superstreet gets their cars dyno'ed) I know they'll fix whatever I wrong with my car, I just hope I didn't cause too much damage to my Laras engine (i saw some rtv melting near the gasket head). If you guys could give my car alittle prayer that would be much appreciated.:cry:
~Spadwaller~
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby JavaJoe_2 » Sun Aug 21, 2005 10:47 am

Astro wrote:This is why I paid $360 for the dealer to install it...but I did make sure I had all the parts...good luck :drinking:

My dealer quoted me $600. $360's a super deal!
Mine is still sitting in the box waiting to be installed.
Got Boost?? :sweet:
JavaJoe_2
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby ~Spadwaller~ » Sun Aug 21, 2005 9:37 pm

Damn 175 bucks to tow my car 20 miles and my engine oil smells like gasoline. Damn!
~Spadwaller~
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby ~Spadwaller~ » Tue Aug 23, 2005 1:02 am

I'm fixed (that doesn't sound right) cost me 340 to get my car up and running again but worth it since I only have 1 car. I had my car towed (after I smelt gasoline in my motor oil) to Harv's performance shop Whittier they are EXPERTS in tuning cars. I had to get a oil change too so I'm broke and boosted now :-? , but no more check engine lights! :) . Props to my man Scottie that hooked it up.

P.S Monday was such a horrible day for me everything went wrong. I got up at 5:00 to get my car towed (via AAA) and the a*sh*le tow truck driver backed my car into another car! I told that driver to get lost and called AAA to get me another driver and all they could do is send me the same damn a*s*o*e and waste my time. By this time its 8:00 So I had to pay an indepentant tow (BTW during the tow he realized that he forgot to take the hand brake off and well I got an amusing smell out of my rear tires) so he got me there at 9:00 and the shop wasn't open yet!. I waited till the guy got there and realized I forgot the EBC instruction manual so I take the bus to the local library to print the manual and the *u*ki*g librarys' internet is out after I comfirm that they have internet and its working! I go asking other stores and its like I'm asking for a *u*k*ng kidney. I missed 3 buses trying to get change for the bus and walking to different stops. So after calling every pubic information service and transit athourity I am told theres another library near cityhall so I go there I get the instructions, zip out and I get lost trying to find the way back to bus stop grrrrr. More stuff happened but aleast I got Laura back. I have a new appreciation for bus riders now and I learned some other morals, but now its time for :sleeping:

heres some pics of Laura and some the cars I saw at Harv's

grammar and spelling are the aleast of my worries :drinking:
~Spadwaller~
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby krawzyazn » Tue Aug 23, 2005 1:08 am

haha you should have gotten a flat bed instead
2002 2AZ-FE SILVER Toyota Solara
<B>FIRST 2AZ Gen 1.5 Solara with Headers!!!</b>

<B>http://WWW.Obamastinks.net</B>
krawzyazn
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer

Postby bunthy » Tue Aug 23, 2005 8:04 am

dang bro sorry to hear about your experience crap at least your finally boosted!!!! congrats! and kick that driver in teh balls will ya...crap I'd be all over him and his boss, fuckers!
bunthy
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby SC V6 » Tue Aug 23, 2005 8:41 am

yeah... I did my own install and I had no issues when I got done.. that guy must have been a pure dumbsh*t
Parting out my car!!! great upgrades for sale!
http://www.solaraguy.org/viewtopic.php?t=34449

Denso IK22's (6), SWAP PARTS! and more!!!
SC V6
SolaraGuy Professional Racer

Postby ~Spadwaller~ » Fri Aug 26, 2005 1:33 am

I forgot to mention that yesterday I had another problem. It seems that I was missing a spacer that goes to grooved pulley through the dogbone. The grooved pulley was digging into the pulley plate :x. I went back to the shop and they got me a new spacer and they fixed it for free. I noticed the problem when I opened the hood to put some belt dressing on the S/C belt and I saw scraping. I took my finger nail and scratched this plastic off the pulley plate, and noticed it was the grooved pulley, Whoops! Scottie said that this could have done some real damage but problem solved. Whew!
~Spadwaller~
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby SC V6 » Fri Aug 26, 2005 6:06 am

glad to hear everything worked out alright for you
Parting out my car!!! great upgrades for sale!
http://www.solaraguy.org/viewtopic.php?t=34449

Denso IK22's (6), SWAP PARTS! and more!!!
SC V6

Previous

Return to Forced Induction