[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - ?? about knock sensors
For those looking for more speed through force. Forced Induction; Supercharger,Turbocharger or Nitrous discussion and maintenance.

?? about knock sensors

?? about knock sensors

Postby hnda8r » Mon Aug 30, 2004 10:58 am

I just got done reading all the posts for the *moreboost* thread, and I was wondering can you do that same wiring thing if your getting the Bank 2 Malfunction? Or are you pretty much SOL. Thanks Guys
In search for my next Supercharged Solara!!!
hnda8r
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby thakidd » Mon Aug 30, 2004 4:55 pm

well i had the same problem on 4lbs of boost and as cdssolara adressed to me that i was running lean.so i got new knock sensors i replaced both instead of just 1 and i got a fuel upgrade from jim@foriegn affairs.and so far been running strong...........as he said the wiring thing wouldnt be good cause there really was a problem
thakidd
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby 808Camry » Mon Aug 30, 2004 6:10 pm

I got the sensor 2 error, so I did the wire mod, its dangerous, but get Jim's fuel mod and you don't have to worry about doing the mod and jsut replace the sensor when you got hte money or the time.
808Camry
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby cdssolara » Mon Aug 30, 2004 11:35 pm

The wiring fix will not help you if you've got a problem with the #2 sensor. Usually, the #2 sensor is the first one to have problems in a supercharged car. Mostly, it's because the engine is running too lean, so it is a real problem and shouldn't be addressed by fooling the ECU. The wiring fix works if you've done all the appropriate fuel system upgrades, and the #1 sensor still malfunctions. In most cases, that's just due to the sensor being too sensitive. By sending the signal from the #2 sensor, you are just fooling the ECU. If you do this, you better be sure that your fuel system is giving you enough fuel. Again, this is only if you're having problems with the #1 sensor.
cdssolara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby 808Camry » Tue Aug 31, 2004 1:38 am

He's right, just to clarify, what I meant was if you have probs with #2 its cause your lean like cd said. But once you get Jim's fuel upgrade and don't have the $$ or time to replace the #2 sensor and the #1 sensor isn't giving you false signals, you can do the wire mod to it so you won't get timing retard. This is only if you're sure you have enough fuel to the engine.
808Camry
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby hnda8r » Tue Aug 31, 2004 4:53 am

where can he get Jims fuel upgrade? and how much is it? thanks for all yalls help. :o
In search for my next Supercharged Solara!!!
hnda8r
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Re: .

Postby cdssolara » Tue Aug 31, 2004 9:09 am

hnda8r wrote:where can he get Jims fuel upgrade? and how much is it? thanks for all yalls help. :o

Jim posts mostly on camryman.org, although he occasionally drops in here. I'd try him on camryman. Otherwise, I think his e-mail address is ForeignAffairs@aol.com. He has a shop in Portland, OR. He's a really good guy, and knowledgeable. He's also pretty good about giving free advice.
cdssolara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Return to Forced Induction