[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - pile of white specks come off with finger nail
Stock talk about the Generation 2 and 2.5 Toyota Solara which was released in 2004-2007

pile of white specks come off with finger nail

pile of white specks come off with finger nail

Postby Shoe » Sat Nov 22, 2003 12:02 pm

I washed the car today and when i was dring it down the front hood especially had these white specks here and there i was like wow this is a weak paint job i noticed more on the side view mirrors, i went to take 1 off with my finger nail and yup off it came i just dont wanna be scratching my finger nail all over the car to pull these lil peices of what ever thinking they mighta just painted lines on the road and the person infront of me coulda kicked it up or the neighbour is getting some work done on the house and the guy is cutting in the garage what looks to be side trim.

but the question here is anyone know of an alternative way or safe way to pull up these specks ( car washing in normal didnt work)

im thinking bout maybe taking some gue be gone and putting it into a bucket and lowering the concentation by adding water????

shoe
Shoe
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Yanks0114 » Sat Nov 22, 2003 12:57 pm

Why does that indicate a weak paint Job? The white specs are probally just bugs. You should find them more on your front bumper and hood and mirrors, but not on the back. If thats the case, they are bugs. Just get a good bug and tar remover and you'll be fine
Yanks0114
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

claybar?

Postby bigpow » Sat Nov 22, 2003 4:56 pm

claybar?
bigpow
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Shoe » Sat Nov 22, 2003 5:45 pm

i thought week paint job cause it was on the front hood and thinking the white specks were paint chips after usiing finger nail it was just a speck not a chip

fair enough?

shoe
Shoe
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Return to Stock Gen 2 and 2.5