[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - MAJOR ? - 2004 Solara SE Sport vs Accord LX V6
Stock talk about the Generation 2 and 2.5 Toyota Solara which was released in 2004-2007

MAJOR ? - 2004 Solara SE Sport vs Accord LX V6

Postby VirtualSlayer » Mon Nov 17, 2003 12:01 am

:o Which should I get?!!?!? :o
VirtualSlayer
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby fotodad » Mon Nov 17, 2003 7:16 am

My choice was narrowed down to the same vehicles plus the Lexus ES 300. I went with the Solara because it matched or exceeded the quality of the other two. Performance was quite similar. But the interior looked much better than either and the styling of the Solara is much more appealing. Seems there are a ton of Accords on the road where I live. And the ES300 is no better than the Solara and cost 5k more.

Can't go wrong with either. But I hope you go with the Solora, though.
2004 Solara SLE
Lunar Mist/Graphite
InvisaGuard
20% tinting all around
Michelin Pilot A/S
Sirius/Streamer plug and play satellite radio
a smiling face in the driver's seat!
fotodad
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby VirtualSlayer » Mon Nov 17, 2003 7:26 am

My other question is that the consumer guides rated the accord with a much higher rating (7). Its under the BEST BUY section while solara got a rating of around 5-6.
VirtualSlayer
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby fotodad » Mon Nov 17, 2003 7:33 am

Hmmm,

I'm not familiar with whatever publication you are referring to. Is it "Consumer Reports"? Please be more specific in how each is rated. But if those numbers are important to you, then you should definitely use them as a guide when making your decision. While I haven't seen how the 2004 was rated in "Consumer Reports," I do know most if not all of the models 2003 or earlier were given "Best Buy" status. I'm surprised the 2004 didn't as well.

Have you driven either car? If so, what are your thoughts? If not, I'd say that should be your next step.
2004 Solara SLE
Lunar Mist/Graphite
InvisaGuard
20% tinting all around
Michelin Pilot A/S
fotodad
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby VirtualSlayer » Mon Nov 17, 2003 7:43 am

I went to the Toyota dealer on Saturday (I live in Dallas Texas, and over here, i don't really see any Solaras and not many Accords either). I test drove the car and it seemed pretty good to me. I am just having a hard time deciding between 2004 Accord LX V6 or Solara SE Sport. Half of my friends say to get Solara, other half say get the Accord. Plus ratings are showing that the Accord is actually worth the extra grand. :o

Plus I've seen people been posting problems with the solara, the Pulling Left thing and I was wondering if there are any minor/major problems with the Accord.
VirtualSlayer
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby fotodad » Mon Nov 17, 2003 7:52 am

I fluxuated as well. Eventually I went with what my heart told me: SOLARA!

Listen to your heart! It seems you are leaning toward the Accord.
2004 Solara SLE
Lunar Mist/Graphite
InvisaGuard
20% tinting all around
Michelin Pilot A/S
fotodad
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby krawzyazn » Mon Nov 17, 2003 8:32 am

atleast with the accord you can get stick but with the solara there is no manual tranny :drinking:
krawzyazn
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer

Postby Jai_Jai_Binks » Mon Nov 17, 2003 9:59 am

on this website, you will get biased opinions.......but what is the purpose of this car? Commuting to work, weekend car, etc....cus' then you got to be considering if you want MPG's/true cost to own/ which is more comfortable to drive for long distances, which feels more powerful (drivers car), which dealrship/service shop will you service this at (are they friendly) - their reputation..etc!
Jai_Jai_Binks
Desi SolaraGuy
Desi SolaraGuy

Postby VirtualSlayer » Mon Nov 17, 2003 10:10 am

Purpose for car is just for driving around, goin to places, driving to school, etc. I'm only 16 :D
VirtualSlayer
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby pecora55 » Mon Nov 17, 2003 10:14 am

if you are going to get an accord, get the coupe if you werent looking at it already....
Goodbye solara, loved you while i had you :( now into my bros hands, and hello Spec V...BYE BYE SpecV HELLO 04 Maxima ;)
-------------------------------
'04 Maxima SE
'03 Sentra SpecV(SOLD)
'99 Solara SLE V6 Auto(SOLD)
pecora55
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby VirtualSlayer » Mon Nov 17, 2003 10:16 am

Ya, Accord LX V6 Coupe
VirtualSlayer
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby pecora55 » Mon Nov 17, 2003 10:45 am

I would have got the accord but i need the 25 extrap horsepower :) LOL
Goodbye solara, loved you while i had you :( now into my bros hands, and hello Spec V...BYE BYE SpecV HELLO 04 Maxima ;)
-------------------------------
'04 Maxima SE
'03 Sentra SpecV(SOLD)
'99 Solara SLE V6 Auto(SOLD)
pecora55
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby TW85 » Mon Nov 17, 2003 10:55 am

Honda has been having problems, far more than Toyota has. Warped brakes, failed transmissions, countless rattles, rotten egg smell, etc.

I was looking at the Accord Coupe EX-V6 and the Solara SLE V6. I'm glad I went with the Solara. IMO, it is a much classier looking/feeling car and is higher quality.

I am 18, BTW.
Last edited by TW85 on Mon Nov 17, 2003 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TW85
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

only 16

Postby bigpow » Mon Nov 17, 2003 11:11 am

If you're only 16 and can afford a Solara .. you might want to consider an S2000 or an IS300? :)

or a TSX?
bigpow
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Jackass-Jeff » Mon Nov 17, 2003 11:39 am

Acura TSX > Accord anyday =D If you think you will haul people around... a 4 door is your answer. Everytime I haul people in the back, I wish I had a 4-door... but everytime I see my car I don't care anymore =P It's their fault for making ME drive =x

If you're 16, I think you should go for the Accord. When I was 16, I liked driving high revs just for kicks all the time... and in the Accord, you need to drive pretty high for the torque, although they have improved the torque band in the current V6.

Good luck
1GR-FE ftw!
Jackass-Jeff
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer

Next

Return to Stock Gen 2 and 2.5