[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Thinking of buying new Solara
Stock talk about the Generation 2 and 2.5 Toyota Solara which was released in 2004-2007

Thinking of buying new Solara

Thinking of buying new Solara

Postby guest » Wed Nov 12, 2003 9:51 pm

:o I've been thinking of buyin the New Solara SE sport package. I already test drove the car and love the exterior design. or go for mazda 6s sports package. (I don't want to go for accord really unattractive and heard some of them have Major Major transmision problems)

But here (I've checked everyday since August) I heard alot of major issue of pulling to left.

I want to hear from you, new solara owners to make encourage or discourage me from buying Solara I want HONEST opinion.

I really like the car and can't thinkin of any other car but Solara. :lol:

(also if any moderator can help me become a member, I've tried many times to register but didn't work. it just said just wait for the confirmation mail but never got em my sn is ooopsij, thankyou)

Postby got sport » Wed Nov 12, 2003 10:34 pm

I'm a very happy and satisfied owner of an '04 SE Sport. I still can't believe the high number of complaints of this "left pull" problem. I guess I'm fortunate that I didn't purchase a lemon.

And one thing you can do before you purchase one is to test drive it thoroughly, and pay attention to any "left pull" problems. Then again, the problem might come about after the first 500-1000 miles. I'm just glad that I invested in a great car.

I would go for the Solara over the Mazda 6 anyday. Just do a thorough test drive and search before you purchase it.

'04 Solara all the way!
<b>'04 V6 SE Sport -Black</b>
http://www.cardomain.com/id/gotsport
got sport
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Guest » Thu Nov 13, 2003 4:23 am

I would agree 100% with your decision to buy the solora. I am 17 and just got a Solora SLE, and I love the car. After around 1400 miles I like it even more than when I baught it. I believe I have the pulling to the left problem as well, so all im going to do is bring it back to the dealer, no biggie. If you have any questions feel free to e-mail me!

Ford < Toyota anyday

Postby bigpow » Thu Nov 13, 2003 10:03 am

That's an easy choice. Toyota or Ford, of course Toyota.
I'd take a chance with my 'keep-drifting-left' Solara SLE instead of the Ford Mazda 6.

Now if you compare it with TSX...

Would you be interested to buy an '04 Camry XLE V6 instead and trade it with my '04 Solara SLE V6? (and only if the camry is not pulling to the left)

:drinking:
bigpow
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby SportGuy » Thu Nov 13, 2003 11:38 am

I have a 2004 Solare SE Sport....I LOVE THIS CAR!! I test drove just about everything out there and with what you get for the money, there was nothing else that was close. I looked at the Mazda 6 but still did not like as well and they would not come down enough in price. I have a 1000 miles on the car in the last 2 months and have had no problems with pulling to the left or anything else. This is a great car so far!! It has a little firmer ride than I am use to but I love the handling. Hope this helps you!
04 Solara SE Sport
Absolutely Red
Fast and Fun!!
SportGuy
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby TW85 » Thu Nov 13, 2003 12:06 pm

The Solara SLE is my first car and I love it except for a dang rattle somewhere in the rear. Been stuffing foam padding everywhere trying to find it with little luck.

The car does pull to the left but it is not something I'll worry about until the first oil change.

Mazda is having rust problems with the 6 right out of the factory. Just thought I'd warn you.
TW85
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Shoe » Thu Nov 13, 2003 12:56 pm

if your worried about the pull why dont you try and put some $$$ down on a demo thats has some miles on it already and test drive that 1.

i havent run into this pull problem

shoe
Shoe
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby bigpow » Thu Nov 13, 2003 3:24 pm

TW85 wrote:The Solara SLE is my first car and I love it except for a dang rattle somewhere in the rear. Been stuffing foam padding everywhere trying to find it with little luck.

The car does pull to the left but it is not something I'll worry about until the first oil change.

Mazda is having rust problems with the 6 right out of the factory. Just thought I'd warn you.

TW85, mine had the same rattle. Dealer replaced the whole rear speaker panel and now it's solid!
bigpow
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Re: Thinking of buying new Solara

Postby chuchurocket » Mon Nov 17, 2003 11:25 pm

guest wrote::o I've been thinking of buyin the New Solara SE sport package. )

don't think, BUY ONE
chuchurocket
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby VirtualSlayer » Tue Nov 18, 2003 9:50 am

yea I might buy this instead of the Accord LX V6 :lol:
VirtualSlayer
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Astro » Tue Nov 18, 2003 10:01 am

Has it been just the SLE's pulling to the left? Or are the SE's pulling too?
ImageImage
Lexus lip kit, LED tails, F-Sport Intake, HKS hi-power exhaust, TEIN S-tech springs
Astro
SolaraGuy Professional Racer
SolaraGuy Professional Racer

Postby Pingi3 » Tue Nov 18, 2003 3:41 pm

i dont know if both SLE and SE pull to the left but my 04 SE SPORT doesnt pull to the left at all!!!
Pingi3
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby bigpow » Tue Nov 18, 2003 3:42 pm

AFAIK, only SLE with 17" wheels.

Forum members, sound off if I'm wrong.

PS: You might want to do the door close test. Try closing the door of a Solara and compare it against TSX or TL... :)
bigpow
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Re: 1

Postby Guest » Tue Nov 18, 2003 8:57 pm

bigpow wrote:AFAIK, only SLE with 17" wheels.

Forum members, sound off if I'm wrong.

PS: You might want to do the door close test. Try closing the door of a Solara and compare it against TSX or TL... :)

so if i decide to go get the sport package for my se (4 cy) and reaplce the 16inch wheel it will start pulling left too?

Re: 1

Postby slingshot » Wed Nov 19, 2003 8:22 pm

Anonymous wrote: so if i decide to go get the sport package for my se (4 cy) and reaplce the 16inch wheel it will start pulling left too?

This is starting to sound ridiculous. Not every 04 Solara is pulling left. Just look at my poll's results. Seems only several people are having a big problem.
2004 SLE V6 with NAV/VSC/TRAC/Curtain air
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/963151/1
slingshot
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Next

Return to Stock Gen 2 and 2.5