[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Loud hum w/ roof open
Stock talk about the Generation 2 and 2.5 Toyota Solara which was released in 2004-2007

Loud hum w/ roof open

Loud hum w/ roof open

Postby samster » Fri Oct 24, 2003 6:29 am

Has anyone noticed at about 60 mph and sometimes lower with your sunroof open it sounds like an 18 wheeler is driving next to you? It must be some harmonic but it isnt the shield because I can grab it and its still there. Nothing appears to be loose.
samster

outside noise

Postby bigpow » Fri Oct 24, 2003 1:00 pm

It's outside noise.
Since the car is so quiet, noise can only enter freely the moonroof.
This creates an effect of a humming noise

1st time I heard the humm, I was parked outside my office building while the moonroof was opened and engine turned off.

(or I hope that is... Please God, no more flaw for my new car...)
:roll:
bigpow
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Shoe » Sun Oct 26, 2003 4:48 pm

this post makes me FURIOUS :agrue:

TAKE a honda product for a test drive open the roof and then get in your solara now tell me how quiet that roof is

the solara has this beautiful mecanisum inside it that deflects the air and sound it pops up when the roof oopens something my acura tl or honda accord didnt have but my 96 paseo had a similar device

sometimes you dont know what you have till its gone. dont complain its quiet in comparison

shoe
Shoe
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Return to Stock Gen 2 and 2.5