[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Does back window tint stop rear view mirror autodimming?
Stock talk about the Generation 2 and 2.5 Toyota Solara which was released in 2004-2007

Does back window tint stop rear view mirror autodimming?

Does back window tint stop rear view mirror autodimming?

Postby slingshot » Sat Oct 18, 2003 6:57 am

For those with 2004 Solara that have the autodimming rear mirror and window tint:

Does the autodimming stop working when you have bright headlights behind you? I like the cool blue-green dimmed headlights look in my rear view mirror and wondering how rear window tint at 35% (if I get it) will affect this mirror's operation.
Dave
slingshot
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby fotodad » Sat Oct 18, 2003 7:01 am

Hmm...good question.

I have 20% tint on my back window. I can't be sure because I've never paid that close attention to it, but I don't think the tinting affected my mirror. But the next time I'm driving at night I'll make a point to check it and get back to you with my observations.
2004 Solara SLE
Lunar Mist/Graphite
InvisaGuard
20% tinting all around
Michelin Pilot A/S
Sirius/Streamer plug and play satellite radio
a smiling face in the driver's seat!
fotodad
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby slingshot » Sat Oct 18, 2003 8:00 am

I figured that the tint dims the lights itself but wondered because of that dimming, would the autodimming mirror not even go into autodimming mode and show headlights as white? Now without tinting, my mirror autodims and all headlights are bluish.
slingshot
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Return to Stock Gen 2 and 2.5