[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Questions about the 2004 Solara from those that own it
Stock talk about the Generation 2 and 2.5 Toyota Solara which was released in 2004-2007

Questions about the 2004 Solara from those that own it

Leather available with 04 SE model

Postby slingshot » Tue Sep 30, 2003 10:31 am

I asked a dealer via email if leather was available for the 04 SE sport and was told that it could be gotten for an extra $1600. For the member here who got it, is this what you paid? Are the leather seats heated? That number seems quite expensive and I don't recall past Toyota leather options being anywhere close to that price. Can anyone tell me if that number sounds right to you?
Dave
slingshot
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby fotodad » Tue Sep 30, 2003 12:10 pm

My dealer told me I could have leather put in an SE Sport, but it would be an after-market installation by a local installer. The cost was $1,500.00 to basically have leather everywhere it would be found in an SLE.
2004 Solara SLE
Lunar Mist/Graphite
InvisaGuard
20% tinting all around
Michelin Pilot A/S
Sirius/Streamer plug and play satellite radio
a smiling face in the driver's seat!
fotodad
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby got sport » Tue Sep 30, 2003 4:03 pm

I didn't break down the numbers, nor did I request the leather it was included with the package. But I do remember when I was researching, that I saw the leather option for $1600. I don't know if that's reasonable or not for post-installation. The seats are not heated.
got sport
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Leather on New Solara

Postby rgache-2 » Thu Oct 02, 2003 1:38 pm

I just purchased a new Solara, SE Sport, Silver, Manual 5sp. Leather came with it, even though all of the specs say that leather is not available. My dealer checked and ordered it that way after my inquiry--but, my sales person, Jeff Baker, Tuscaloosa, Toyota, Alabama, is a brillient sales person and very motivated. Anyway, you can order it that way, but no power seat is available, evidently, for the Sport model.

I hated the factory wheels and tires, so I put SSR-GT1s on it (dealer gave me $650 credit for stock wheels and tires) with Michelin Pilot VR's. Right now, the car refuses to leave the road not matter how much I try. I will try to post some pics and give a review.

-R
rgache-2

Leather on New Solara

Postby SAMMIT » Thu Oct 02, 2003 1:49 pm

Compare the leather seats with the ones on the SLE and tell me if they are the same. I almost bought an SE Sport and said I wanted leather and the salesman said we can put them on we do it all the time. He said they cover the existing seats with leather and charge you $1,500. I wasnt comfortable doing that so I went with the SLE.
SAMMIT

5-speed

Postby solarax2 » Thu Oct 02, 2003 4:41 pm

Whoa, wait a minute - you were able to get a 5-speed manual? Please tell me more!
solarax2

5-speed manual

Postby solarax2 » Thu Oct 02, 2003 4:43 pm

Oops, I think I just figured it out - 5-speed with the 4-cylinder, right? I was thinking of the V-6....
solarax2

hey! silver = good

Postby bigpow » Fri Oct 03, 2003 1:07 am

Another HAPPY Silver 04 Solara owner here... howdy!
bigpow
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby pantyninja » Wed Oct 08, 2003 9:07 am

I've got the Red and I still think its the best color. I've seen the Tan and its boring. Light Blue is gross saw it on the road. Black is sweet the second best color. The dark blue is the sleeper color and is very nice in fact. Silver just isn't as sharp as it could be. maybe it's the body shape that isn't flattering for that paint color. Just my 2 cents.
Rejoice O Young Man in thy Youth

04 SE-V6 sport
Absolutely Red
pantyninja
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby kamjah » Thu Oct 09, 2003 9:28 pm

hello there, our family jsut recently purchased a black 04 se sport, and so far we are happys. it drives smoothly, and its very luxurious (compared to the saturn station wagon i used to drive). but heres just some little nitpicky stuff that you may wanna know.

1. there doesnt seem to be any type of water guard or gutter or whatever you would call it on the front sides of the windshield, so if i whipe some water off the front windshield, and my windows are open, it just drips right into the car.

2. my passenger side window was not alligned correctly, so if you open and close the door, the window ends up outside the rubber guards. so i need to open and close it to get it back under the guard. il probably get this checked out at my 1000 mi checkup.

3. on the sides of the moonroof theres ridged plastic guards which came loose on me once, but i was able to pop it back in pretty easily.

4. the back seats shake a little bit if ur music is up too high.

5. the back of the car is somewhat high, and the rear windsheild is very narrow. so if im parallel parking and theres some low 240 or corvette, it may be a pain to do so.

6. theres no trunk keyhole? at least i dont think.... this could be a problem if say my remote broke

7. i dont think the "spoiler" they put on there should even be called a spoiler, lol.... ITS TINY!!!

8. The redline is surprisingly low, im not sure if this is normal for toyotas, because this is our first one.

9. the horn is the entire midsection of the steering wheel. (i was used to the tiney buttons by my thumbs on my saturn, lol)

10. okay im done, it may seem like im complaining, but overall im very happy with my solara :D
I Like....... You
kamjah
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby fotodad » Fri Oct 10, 2003 5:20 am

kamjah wrote:hello there, our family jsut recently purchased a black 04 se sport, and so far we are happys. it drives smoothly, and its very luxurious (compared to the saturn station wagon i used to drive). but heres just some little nitpicky stuff that you may wanna know.

1. there doesnt seem to be any type of water guard or gutter or whatever you would call it on the front sides of the windshield, so if i whipe some water off the front windshield, and my windows are open, it just drips right into the car.

2. my passenger side window was not alligned correctly, so if you open and close the door, the window ends up outside the rubber guards. so i need to open and close it to get it back under the guard. il probably get this checked out at my 1000 mi checkup.

3. on the sides of the moonroof theres ridged plastic guards which came loose on me once, but i was able to pop it back in pretty easily.

4. the back seats shake a little bit if ur music is up too high.

5. the back of the car is somewhat high, and the rear windsheild is very narrow. so if im parallel parking and theres some low 240 or corvette, it may be a pain to do so.

6. theres no trunk keyhole? at least i dont think.... this could be a problem if say my remote broke

7. i dont think the "spoiler" they put on there should even be called a spoiler, lol.... ITS TINY!!!

8. The redline is surprisingly low, im not sure if this is normal for toyotas, because this is our first one.

9. the horn is the entire midsection of the steering wheel. (i was used to the tiney buttons by my thumbs on my saturn, lol)

10. okay im done, it may seem like im complaining, but overall im very happy with my solara :D

Gotta tell ya...after reading your list, I'm surprised you bought a Solara!
2004 Solara SLE
Lunar Mist/Graphite
InvisaGuard
20% tinting all around
Michelin Pilot A/S
Sirius/Streamer plug and play satellite radio
a smiling face in the driver's seat!
fotodad
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby kamjah » Fri Oct 10, 2003 10:37 am

hehe, well it wasnt totally my decision, it was a family purchase. if it were all my choice i wulda gotten a nice hatch and drop a b18c1 engine in it. a much cheaper and potential filled option. but i didnt pay for the solara, so im content with it.
I Like....... You
kamjah
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Previous

Return to Stock Gen 2 and 2.5