[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Help with Headlights
Stock talk about the Generation 2 and 2.5 Toyota Solara which was released in 2004-2007

Help with Headlights

Help with Headlights

Postby zacman94 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:07 pm

Hey guys. I'm wondering if there's a fix for my headlights. I noticed that my passenger headlight if full of moisture. All I want to know if there's a way to fix it without doing something that is too risky or if I will have to bite the bullet and get a new headlight assembly. Here's a few pics that I just took. I'll take more tomorrow if it's easier to see in the day time.

zacman94
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: Help with Headlights

Postby ThatVietGuy » Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:45 pm

Take out the headlight bulbs and blow low heat from a hair dryer into the headlight for a few minutes. This is probably more of a temporary fix, though.

A more definitive fix would be to put the headlights in the oven on very low heat, pry them open, and re-seal them. More risk obviously, but is possibly a more permanent fix.
ThatVietGuy
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Projex0 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:03 am

one way is to take the headlight off the car and look for any cracks or holes that is causing moisture to get in, get some clear silicone and just spread a thin layer around where the lens and the housing meets.

as for the moisture that already in it take out your highbeam bulb during the day and let it air out and dry on its own just remember to put the bulb back in after.

just some ways to try, save some money before buying new ones.
Projex0
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby zacman94 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:40 pm

Thanks guys. I'll give these a try when I get a chance. I'll let you guys know what I come up with
zacman94
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to Stock Gen 2 and 2.5