[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - 2nd gen. 2006 front plastic motor guard
Stock talk about the Generation 2 and 2.5 Toyota Solara which was released in 2004-2007

2nd gen. 2006 front plastic motor guard

2nd gen. 2006 front plastic motor guard

Postby blacksol » Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:58 am

Question: I don't know the name of the black plastic piece under the motor? It's the one you have to take off to see the motor under the car. Mine has a split that is causing half of it to fall dangerously close to the ground.
I can't find a replacement if I don't know the name.

Any clues?

blacksol.
blacksol
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: 2nd gen. 2006 front plastic motor guard

Postby GzNutz » Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:05 am

Just zip tie it back up to the frame. Mine fell off after backing up through a foot of snow.
GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Re: 2nd gen. 2006 front plastic motor guard

Postby Black Bob » Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:34 am

It's generally refered to as a 'splash shield' or 'under cover' but be sure the hanging piece you describe is under the engine and not the front two pieces that are under the radiator support. Like Nutz said, some of us have already experienced this problem and a zip tie or plastic screw is easier and cheaper than replacing the whole hanging part.
Current: 2008 Brick Toyota FJ Cruiser 4x4 Upgrade Pkg# 2
Previous: 2005 Arctic Frost Toyota Solara SE Sport V6
Black Bob
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Location: NE Ohio--where we know nothing about everything and we know it the loudest

Return to Stock Gen 2 and 2.5