[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Gen 2 Convertible - Chassis Shake
Stock talk about the Generation 2 and 2.5 Toyota Solara which was released in 2004-2007

Gen 2 Convertible - Chassis Shake

Gen 2 Convertible - Chassis Shake

Postby JSTKVC » Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:39 pm

The chassis shake on my 2006 Solara Convertible is quite noticeable especially with the top up on the surface streets of SoCal. You can see the rear view mirror shaking and the rubber seals squeaking all the time. Doesn't affect handling or anything. Are other Gen 2 and 2.5 Convertible Owners experiencing this? Is it normal? Are there any remedies for this? Still love the car even with it but I'd like to improve the experience even more. :D
2006 Solara V6 SLE Convertible - best car ever owned, enjoyed in moderation
2010 Prius - Daily Driver
2011 Lexus 450h
JSTKVC
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: Gen 2 Convertible - Chassis Shake

Postby jomo795 » Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:59 pm

There should be a TSB for this issue. I just bought an 08 and they looked up the TSB at the dealer where I bought it.
2008 Solara SLE Covertible, blizzard white pearl with tan interior and tan top. TRD FSTB, RSB, and exhaust.
jomo795
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby GzNutz » Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:55 pm

I know this reply is a little late but the TRD FSTB will do wonders for the front end. With the stock bar my glove box would squeak from front end torsion, after the bar... no more squeaking.
GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby ddixon2327 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:57 am

can anyone advise of the TSB available for shake issues? I am new here with a 2007 Solara convertible and am surprized by shake of top ,mirrors etc... as already mentioned in previous posts. I own several convertibles and have never experienced this..... Porsche carrerra, mercedes 280sl etc....please help. Thanks
ddixon2327
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Down2TheC » Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:31 pm

Just get the TRD FSTB. That will tighten things up nicely. Lots of threads in here about the wonders of that in conjunction with the RSB.
http://solara.down2thec.com/gallery/
"We need failures in this world... failures gives us lap dances and chicken nuggets and I like both."
Down2TheC
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby jomo795 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:33 pm

I have both on my 08 convertible and it is like another car. They are great and I highly recommend them both.
2008 Solara SLE Covertible, blizzard white pearl with tan interior and tan top. TRD FSTB, RSB, and exhaust.
jomo795
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby jomo795 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:34 pm

I have both on my 08 convertible and it is like another car. They are great and I highly recommend them both.
jomo795
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to Stock Gen 2 and 2.5