[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Read this before ordering replacement floor mats!
Stock talk about the Generation 2 and 2.5 Toyota Solara which was released in 2004-2007

Read this before ordering replacement floor mats!

Read this before ordering replacement floor mats!

Postby [SMAN] » Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:03 pm

Ok, so after ordering new floor mats from reggie and ordering them based on my VIN number, we found that the wrong ones were sent to me. Well reggie did some digging and found the part numbers are wrong. The Dark Stone mats have the Dark Charcole part number, and vice versa. While he has done a great job to resolve this for my issue, it is doubtfull that toyota will fix this. It has been documented in old threads (and thus it is how i missed it). Infact this one here has a picture of the exact issue ( http://solaraguy.com/viewtopic.php?t=37750 ). Be sure to double check that the proper ones are being ordered as the part numbers will be oposite of what is expected.
2004 Solara V6 SE
2005 4Runner V6 Sport
1996 Camry I4
[SMAN]
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Confused about car mats

Postby jeffwingo » Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:47 am

According to the Toyota site, my leather interior is the lighter of the two: Stone...it is essentially a gray. My carpet is a slight shade darker and my floor mats are much lighter than the carpet identical to the picture in the other thread. Which car mats do I order: Charcoal or Stone? In other words, if my mats are too light, what interior were they meant to go with?

[/img]
jeffwingo
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: Confused about car mats

Postby [SMAN] » Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:42 am

jeffwingo wrote:According to the Toyota site, my leather interior is the lighter of the two: Stone...it is essentially a gray. My carpet is a slight shade darker and my floor mats are much lighter than the carpet identical to the picture in the other thread. Which car mats do I order: Charcoal or Stone? In other words, if my mats are too light, what interior were they meant to go with?

[/img]

Stone is suposed to be the darker of the two mats, but unless they have fixed the problem (wich i doubt) you will want them to order the charcole as it should give you the stone mats.
2004 Solara V6 SE
2005 4Runner V6 Sport
1996 Camry I4
[SMAN]
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

just got back from the dealer

Postby jeffwingo » Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:36 am

I explained the problem and he showed me how Toyota has new part numbers. Maybe they have fixed the problem. He is ordering a set and we will compare colors.
jeffwingo
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby know1uno » Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:08 pm

What really sucks is that you have to order both front and back floor mats, even if you need to replace just the front ones.
know1uno
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby folch52 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:02 pm

yea man thats exactly my problem i have the stock carpets around and they are darker than the interior. I too have the stone interior and decided to use goodyear all weather carpets instead.
folch52
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby techadvocate » Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:44 pm

good idea. bump.
05 Conv SLE V6 | Black 'n Tan | Alpine + XM | PIAA HIDs

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3843602
techadvocate
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: Read this before ordering replacement floor mats!

Postby knowoneuno » Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:03 am

I've got a 2006 V6 SE model and they only came with front floor mats and the driver's side one is already wearing out. On my previous 2002 Solara, I had to order all four floor mats, is this the same for the newer models?
knowoneuno
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to Stock Gen 2 and 2.5