[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - 2AZ-FE performance?
Stock talk about the Generation 2 and 2.5 Toyota Solara which was released in 2004-2007

2AZ-FE performance?

Postby zettahertz » Fri Apr 07, 2006 6:58 pm

There are pulleys available for the 2AZ-FE. ZPI and NST(www.nonstoptuning.com) have some that would probably work since it works on the Camry. I just bought the underdrive crank + accessory pulleys from NST for my '02 Camry. Looking forward to installing them next week when they come.
zettahertz
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby gnegroni » Mon Jun 12, 2006 6:57 pm

Any news?
'05 Lunar Mist SE: 2AZ-FE, E351 and all their combined glory!
gnegroni
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby xavier » Mon Jun 12, 2006 8:11 pm

let me know how those pulleys work out zeta
Bixenon projector retrofit done! http://solaraguy.com/viewtopic.php?t=48701
xavier
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby RDKamikaze » Sat Jun 24, 2006 1:12 am

Somedude wrote:^^^^I drive a 2.4L Gen 2 but I am a spirited driver and I do like its looks a lot. I think the 3MZ is a great engine but I usually follow the speed limit (too much cops), so 225 hp is not really necessary for me.

I agree with what you are saying about the aftermarket support for the Gen 2.

I bought my solara at a car auction and a bunch were in a row from Hertz and I accidently bid and won the only I4 solara there out of the 12 solaras :( . That's ok tho cuz it's an '06 and I got it for cheaper than any of you ever would :P

Oh ya and do camry parts work on solaras? If so, what camry model will fit an I4 '06 solara, thanks!
RDKamikaze
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby gnegroni » Sat Jul 15, 2006 9:00 pm

Don't worry man...the I4 is just fine. Soon enough, we will have enough parts available. Some of the parts for other 2.4L engines might fit, some might not. But since making parts for our I4s will open aftermarket 2AZ-FE client pool, it won't be long before they discover slight modifications to their products to make them fit in ours...
'05 Lunar Mist SE: 2AZ-FE, E351 and all their combined glory!
gnegroni
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby zettahertz » Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:34 pm

man totally forgot about this forum. I spend most of my time in TN and scionlife. But the pulleys r working great, have around 5K miles on them. And there is definitely a gain the power. I'm sure it works on the solara since it's the same engine. There's much more info in scionlife about specs and stuff.
zettahertz
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby NonStopTuning » Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:15 pm

zettahertz wrote:man totally forgot about this forum. I spend most of my time in TN and scionlife. But the pulleys r working great, have around 5K miles on them. And there is definitely a gain the power. I'm sure it works on the solara since it's the same engine. There's much more info in scionlife about specs and stuff.

NST (NonStopTuning) Pulleys are some of the most popular mods for the 2AZFE.
Our Scion customers have been using them with great success since 2005.

Customer feedback thread on ScionLife...
http://scionlife.com/forums/showthread.php?t=154930

More info on our website...
http://www.nonstoptuning.com/pKitToySciTC.htm

MIKE @ NST
www.NonStopTuning.com
NonStopTuning
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Taido » Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:27 am

The pulley is installed and feels great! ^-^
'06 Black Cherry Pearl tC inherited the headunit and subs so far...
'04 2AZ-FE Lunar Mist Metallic Solara SE (Totaled)
Taido
Audiophiliac
Audiophiliac

Previous

Return to Stock Gen 2 and 2.5