[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Newbie asking for help
Non-tutorials will be deleted.

Newbie asking for help

Newbie asking for help

Postby that1mexguy » Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:53 am

Hello everyone, new to the forum (yea after so many yrs it's like starting over lol) and seeking assistance.

So I'm trying to help a buddy change his spark plugs/wires and boy it's a freaking mess... he's got a S/C ... ok fine, this is the guy that bought my ride a few yrs back (bro-n-law), and we were trying to do this last night but weren't so fortunate cause my fat @$$ can't reach the #1 cylinder (closer to the passenger side). Anyway, he's gonna brink some skinny dude to reach it hehe... but my question is, if I remember correctly, the wires should go like this, the 3 in the back (closer to the firewall) are: (from left to right) 1, 3, 5 and the 3 in the front are 2, 4, 6 correct? - and also, If i am not mistaking and looking at some old notes.. they should be wired like this: 1-4 , 3-6 and 2-5.... is this correct? Your help is greatly appreciated!
that1mexguy
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Re: Newbie asking for help

Postby sean0leary » Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:05 am

2000 Solara SLE V6
WeaponR Dragon Intake
Throttle Body spacer
Injen Muffler
HID Headlights&Fogs
Tein S Tech springs
KYB Shocks
sean0leary
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Bostonlara » Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:11 am

Don't screw up the firing order! I did it once and I may or may not of screwed my engine up doing so. I had two opposing cylinder fight to firing and neither would back down. It's much easier to take of the s/c but I realize it will turn into a 2 or 3 hr ordeal possibly
building a 5.5psi S/C 3MZ 5spd with Meth, 305cc injectors, lite weight crank pulley, Apexi Neo, full exhaust & ypipe, CAI, TB spacer, knock upgrade, jims fuel upgrade, walbro 255, and much much much much more
Bostonlara
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby that1mexguy » Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:58 pm

k well it looks like we got it right, thanks a bunch!
that1mexguy
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby Gregtrd » Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:18 pm

Max this only takes 15mins. For bank one (from passenger to driver side) 1-3-5
The Fastest Camry in Socal
366whp / 427wtq @10.5psi
Gregtrd
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Return to Tutorials Gen 1 and 1.5