2) unscrew and pull out the white plug at the bottom of the radiator
3) let all the fluid drain into some canister, you don't want it all over your driveway and going into your yard, its harmful, and illegal.
4) flush the radiator out with a garden hose by just shooting in from the hole up top and letting it drain from the hole in the bottom.
5) after the water coming out looks nice and clean, replace the white plug in the bottom and just fill your radiator up with plain water
6) don't forget to replace the cap on top, and drive around for about half a mile or so, not very long, and don't put much strain on teh engine. this driving is just for the purpose of circulating the clean water so it can clean all the hoses and everything out
7) open up both the top cap and bottom plug again, and let all the water drain out, you may want to even flush it out once more to be safe
8 ) mix the coolant according to the instructions on the label. usually about a 50-50 ratio between coolant and water. use red coolant not green.
9)replace the bottom white plug
10) fill up with the new coolant
11) if you also want to replace the coolant in the reservoir, there is a bolt you will have to undo, and then you can lift the whole reservoir out after disconnecting the rubber hose.
12) wash the reservoir out as well, and then bolt it back into place, fill up to the line with coolant
- SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
- Posts: 2145
- Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2003 6:38 pm