[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Cleaning the MAF Sensor
Non-tutorials will be deleted.

Cleaning the MAF Sensor

Cleaning the MAF Sensor

Postby Chinky420 » Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:24 pm

hey all, i need to know what kind of solvents you all used to clean your MAF sensor in the intake...

i figure the process involves using cotton swabs to get in the plastic cone to clean it, but i don't want to use a cleaning agent that i'm not supposed to.

rubbing alcohol? acetone?
Chinky420
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Re: Cleaning the MAF Sensor

Postby Dawgz » Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:37 pm

Chinky420 wrote:hey all, i need to know what kind of solvents you all used to clean your MAF sensor in the intake...

i figure the process involves using cotton swabs to get in the plastic cone to clean it, but i don't want to use a cleaning agent that i'm not supposed to.

rubbing alcohol? acetone?

wtf? cotton swabs? U cant touch those wires in the maf, they are very delicate.

All you need to do is get the CRC Mass Air Flow Sensor Cleaner.

and then with the straw, blow 5-6 jets of this stuff onto the two wires in the MAF. they should be shiny, and silverish when ur done. let it dry out for an hour or more before reinstalling it onto ur intake.
--=Black on Black=-- (Sold)
Dawgz
SolaraGuy Professional Racer
SolaraGuy Professional Racer

Postby Chinky420 » Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:38 pm

^^ and this is why i ask...

thnx dawgz
Chinky420
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Re: Cleaning the MAF Sensor

Postby jaybro86 » Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:54 am