[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Complete lighting guide for Gen1/1.5 (Interior and Exterior)
Non-tutorials will be deleted.

Complete lighting guide for Gen1/1.5 (Interior and Exterior)

Postby RichD978 » Tue Mar 08, 2005 7:46 am

Jon11582 wrote:
2kSoulara wrote:Jon u are the man! I bought the gauges from procar and the CF bezel off ebay. I should be getting them this week. I was wonderin how you got the signals white! Dude I'm in Nj and i may need your professional help even though i'm pretty handy I hate to screw things up. Send me an email dude

If you need help, PM me, I'll be more than happy to.

To get to the festooon lights, theres a notch in each plastic lens..you put a flathead screwdriver in there and pry it out if I recall right.

Thanks Mike, its appreciated :D

Thank you jon
RichD978
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby RichD978 » Mon Mar 21, 2005 3:31 am

i cant get into the auto shiftgate. can anyone tell me any easier ways to get to it? i can only get to the step where i take the golden screw out, i have a real hard time yanking the other part off to get to the light. can anyone take pics of the steps? thanks

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/818696
VOTE FOR ME FOR SHOWOFF OF THE WEEK
RichD978
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby RichD978 » Thu Mar 24, 2005 3:38 am

anyone able to help?
RichD978
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby bassthrive » Fri Mar 25, 2005 10:36 am

This is gonna be scary, but once you get the surround/top cover off and undo that screw, you gotta pry that thing out! Its only held in with a few clips but they are very tight.
- Paul

y2k(1MZ)dWp
cpe mafci / apexi ws / tein s-tech + tokico / trd rsb
bassthrive
SolaraGuy Marklar
SolaraGuy Marklar

Postby 2kSoulara » Fri Mar 25, 2005 7:59 pm

I did my gauges last nite slowly but surely. Thanks to the Solaraguy members for the tutorials. I have a problem though. I have the silver faced gauges and everyhting is cool except when i turn them on there's a faint high pitched sound im getting. it seems to be coming fromn the dimmer switch. I wired it as Jon said in the tutorial. Any ideas as to why this is happening?
2kSoulara
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Jon11582 » Fri Mar 25, 2005 11:49 pm

I get the faint high pitched noise too. I think it happens with all indiglos and is a result of bad sheilding on these parts. I wouldnt worry about it.
2000 Black Solara SE
Jon11582
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby 2kSoulara » Sat Mar 26, 2005 10:37 am

You sure dude? Its funny but i think it's the blue/green switch that it came with. If i put it on green the noise is inaubible. If i put it on blue i can hear it and i can control just how loud it is with the dimmer dial. Procarparts said it's not supposed to make noise at all so return them. I was pissed cause i had them on the dial faces and had to risk breakin the needles to take them off again. Not to mention that my speedo reads about 5 - 10 miles faster now. Im going to return them and see what happens. Thanks dude.
2kSoulara
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Jon11582 » Sat Mar 26, 2005 5:37 pm

2kSoulara wrote:You sure dude? Its funny but i think it's the blue/green switch that it came with. If i put it on green the noise is inaubible. If i put it on blue i can hear it and i can control just how loud it is with the dimmer dial. Procarparts said it's not supposed to make noise at all so return them. I was pissed cause i had them on the dial faces and had to risk breakin the needles to take them off again. Not to mention that my speedo reads about 5 - 10 miles faster now. Im going to return them and see what happens. Thanks dude.

I get the same. Its louder on blue, because it runs a different voltage (I did a voltmeter test on just the inverter and control box to see if it was working. The voltage definitly changes from blue to green.)

I still think its due to poor insulation on certain points, but I'm no electrician. Let me know how the return goes.
2000 Black Solara SE
Jon11582
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby 2kSoulara » Mon Apr 04, 2005 7:50 am

I got another switch from Procar. It's a little quieter than the first but i guess you are right, just poor shielding. Anyway, i put the gauges on and everything looks sweet. I have some leftover blue and red LEDs so if anyone is interested pm me. I'll put them up for sale on the board. Thanks.
2kSoulara
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby RichD978 » Thu Apr 21, 2005 5:30 am

anyone know what bulbs the turn signals where the guages cover are? i took the green circles off yest. when i was installing my guages and the amber signals annoy the hell out of me now

RichD978
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Duffman » Thu Apr 21, 2005 7:18 am

Jon11582 wrote:Two of the blue #74 leds are for the turn indicators, . You need to pop out the little black circles from where the turn signals. This is for two reasons. First is, theyre acutally tinted green, which is what makes your turn signals green.

You could, in theory, use whatever color you wanted; for instance, white with a colored paper. What I read was that someone used the blue bulbs and just white printer paper to cover the turn signal arrows.
2002 Toyota Solara SE V6 5-Speed
2005 Pontiac GTO 6-Speed
2008 Suzuki Bandit 1250 ABS
Duffman
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby 2kSoulara » Thu Apr 21, 2005 7:32 am

You could also color the plastic circles with a sharpie to enhance whatever colored bulbs you put behind them. I colored mine blue and have blue LEDs behind them.
2kSoulara
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby bassthrive » Thu Apr 21, 2005 8:42 am

i put red bulbs in my turn signals and covered them with a double layer of 20% window tint that I cut out in circles.
- Paul

y2k(1MZ)dWp
cpe mafci / apexi ws / tein s-tech + tokico / trd rsb
bassthrive
SolaraGuy Marklar
SolaraGuy Marklar

Postby RichD978 » Thu Apr 21, 2005 10:09 am

how bout white bulbs with white paper? would that come out white?

RichD978
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Jon11582 » Thu Apr 21, 2005 10:44 am

RichD978 wrote:how bout white bulbs with white paper? would that come out white?

Hmm...what other color could a white bulb on whtie paper come out in? :lol:

Seriously though, yea, itll be white.
2000 Black Solara SE
Jon11582
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

PreviousNext

Return to Tutorials Gen 1 and 1.5