[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Programming a keyless entry for solara 2002 SE
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 1-1.5 upgrades.

Programming a keyless entry for solara 2002 SE

Programming a keyless entry for solara 2002 SE

Postby rbecke1 » Mon Mar 08, 2004 9:32 am

I recently bought a keyless entry remote off of ebay for my solara.

I have a solara 2002 SE which I recently bought used but did not come with a keyless entry remote. It does have automatic door locks, windows etc. I was wondering if I can program this keyless remote to work for the SE if it has never had a keyless remote. Everyone I have talked to said it can be done. I have followed the instructions that came with the remote for my car but I can't get it to work. Do you know if it is possible? At step 5 it says "the power door locks should cycle" this never works for me. Nothing happens. Side note: This car is an awesome car, it handles great and rides extremely well. I used to own a lexus GS 300 which I bought brand new and this car seems to ride smoother then the lexus plus I got this one for no where near the cost I paid for the lexus and I got a 100,000 mile warrently to boot. I am extremely pleased.

I tried these instructions
2000 - 2002 Camry
1. Start with the following conditions:
a. Key Is out of the ignition.
b. Driver door is open (all other doors are closed).
c. Driver door is unlocked (other door locks don't matter).
2. Insert the key into the ignition (don't turn it) and pull it out.
3. Perform these steps within 40 seconds:
a. Using the power lock/unlock switch on the driver's door, perform 5 lock/unlock cycles starting with lock. A
lock/unlock cycle consists of pressing the power lock switch, followed by pressing the power unlock switch on the driver's door panel. Use an even pace and try to go relatively fast.
b. Close, then open the drivers door.
4. Perform these steps within 40 seconds:
a. Using the power lock/unlock switch on the driver's door, perform 5 lock/unlock cycles starting with lock (just as
you did previously).
b. Turn the ignition to ON (as far as you can go without cranking your engine), then back to OFF.
c. Turn the ignition to ON (as far as you can go without cranking your engine), then back to OFF.
d. Remove the key from the Ignition.
5. Within 3 seconds, the power door locks should cycle (lock then unlock) automatically Indicating successful entry into
programming mode. Return to Step 1 if the locks do not cycle at this point.
6. Perform these steps within 40 seconds:
a. Press the lock and unlock buttons on the transmitter simultaneously for 1 second.
b. Immediately after letting go of the lock and unlock buttons, hit the lock button by itself and hold for 2 seconds. Within 3 seconds, the door locks should cycle (lock then unlock) once indicating successful programming. If the
door locks don't cycle, or cycle twice, repeat steps 6a and 6b - this remote has not been accepted.
c. Repeat steps 6a and 6b for each transmitter that will operate the vehicle, including any old transmitters.
7. Close driver door.

At step 5 I should get some feed back but nothing happens. Should I just keep trying or does it not work for the SE.

Thanks
rbecke1
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Jackass-Jeff » Mon Mar 08, 2004 5:35 pm

keyless only or w/ alarm? i can get the instructions for you tomorrw (if i have access)
1GR-FE ftw!
Jackass-Jeff
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer

Postby rbecke1 » Tue Mar 09, 2004 6:36 am

well, I don't know. Does the SE come with an alarm? and if so what does that entitle. What's the difference between the two? keyless/alarm. Whatever comes with it stocked (meaning I don't have to put money into it) and is the better of the two options.

Thanks!
rbecke1
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Jackass-Jeff » Tue Mar 09, 2004 5:50 pm

i cant get it...

keyless and alarm use the same remote, but i think it was easier to program the alarm remotes...
1GR-FE ftw!
Jackass-Jeff
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer

Postby Jon11582 » Wed Mar 10, 2004 10:23 am

I have a 2000 SE, and I was always under the impression that you needed the factory alarm system installed to get a non-aftermarket keyless remote to work. Im pretty sure mine doesnt come stock with any kind of RF sensor to pick up the remote signal, and Im not sure if yours does either. If you hear anything to the contrary, Id be really interested.
2000 Black Solara SE
Jon11582
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby rbecke1 » Wed Mar 10, 2004 11:48 am

Well, I guess the main question is does the stock SE have the sensors to pick up the remote and if so how do you program it? If it does not then all this is a waste of time. If the stock does then we just need to figure out the programming part. Does anyone know if it does??
rbecke1
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby rbecke1 » Mon Mar 15, 2004 7:12 am

Does anyone know if the stock SE comes with a build in remote feature that just needs to be activated? Anyone?
rbecke1
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby ToyotaN00b » Thu May 13, 2004 2:19 pm

I got the bottom of the line 2001 Solara SE and it came with keyless entry =\
ToyotaN00b
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby jbright » Tue May 17, 2005 1:10 pm

You can find a list of standard features here. Alarm/Keyless Entry is not a standard feature, so it probably doesn't have it. If it did, then the remote would have come with the key to the car.

http://www.automotive.com/2002/12/toyota/camry-solara/specifications/index.html
Jonathan Bright
'00 Solara V6 SLE
'94 Camry V6 SE Coupe
jbright
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to Aftermarket Gen1 and 1.5