[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Swap help
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 1-1.5 upgrades.

Swap help

Swap help

Postby PlateLunch » Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:00 pm

Alright guys, I'm all done with my swap and I swapped everything out harness wise (even the hood latch with the sensor) and I'm having some trouble starting the car. I had it idling by itself then the next day I splice in my safc and nothing, no start. The starter is cranking and it will turn over a couple times if I pump the gas but she won't run on her own. I have the chip key and have checked if that was the issue but I don't think so, as the security light goes off when trying to start the car. I also have both fuel and spark to the plugs. I have taken the safc back out and rehooked up everything back to stock and still no dice. I keep blowing a 10a fuse for the hazards when trying to use my blinker and I'm wondering if this could point to something? I am about at the end of my skill set and am getting ready to have it towed somewhere, but I figured I would see if any one had any ideas before I do that. Any help is much appreciated.
PlateLunch
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Re: Swap help

Postby wagonsrule » Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:21 pm

... Really weird. Are you sure you had no wires shorting the ECU when you spliced in the SAFC? Just to make sure, verify with a meter for continuity between the splice location and the ECU plug, just to be sure you wiring isn't open nor short.

According to your story, car was working fine before SAFC install. When i had not reset the SAFC, the car did exactly what you describe. (Was set up for a high PSI Supra of all cars) and car would start then sputter off. If the SAFC is able to kill a car just by having the wrong settings i can't even imagine what would happen if the wires have no continuity. Do remember that on start-up when cold the car is in open loop and using A/F data from the MAF. So any bad reading or wire there will mix up the ECU badly.

If no wires are not connecting and everything looks fine, check your voltage going to the pin 22 or 23 from E10 connector on the ECU and check if you do have 12V going there. If not, you may have a fuse blown somewhere else or at worst, a blown ECU.

Let me know what you found and if you are able to solve this problem.
----------------------
94 Camry V6 Wagon SUPERCHARGED @ 5 psi!!!! One of a KIND! (6-7psi coming up)
SAFC
75 cu ft. of storage space :D
wagonsrule
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby PlateLunch » Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:12 pm

Thank you bro, I will try and get on it either tomorrow or Saturday!
PlateLunch
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby PlateLunch » Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:40 pm

UPDATE:

She's running, getting detailed now! After a lot of wracking my brain and trouble shooting I think she was just hella flooded, which fouled up my plugs also I plugged in the knock sensor to the stock wire rather than the relocation kit. Idk if that helped but I got her running after getting thoroughly ripped off by a local shop who didn't do a daaaaamn thing(last time I do that). She starts a bit rough when cold but I'm thinking that's my plugs, which I have already ordered along with bigger wires, but all in all it is like having a complete new car!

I can't believe the difference in weight and power, even with putting a BBK on! I also rebuit the front steering and suspension with all Moog and Whiteline parts. Am I glad I did it? Yes! Would I ever do it again? Not without someone helping me and not in my driveway, lol. That is a pretty big job to do mostly by yourself! Completely happy, even with the small(multiple) headaches!

Next is to install a methkit, 6lb S/C pulley, and a light weight crankpulley then off to the dyno. I would recommend this to any one and I saw that Greg was offering parts and labor on a swap for pretty cheap, that's whats up! Hit him up if your down and you don't want to or can't do it!

Big ups to wagonsrule and Gabe for helping me out with these problems!
PlateLunch
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to Aftermarket Gen1 and 1.5