[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - OEM or aftermarket throw-out bearing and harness questions?
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 1-1.5 upgrades.

OEM or aftermarket throw-out bearing and harness questions?

OEM or aftermarket throw-out bearing and harness questions?

Postby PlateLunch » Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:16 pm

Alright guys, I went with Spec 3+ clutch and I'm getting ready to do the 5spd swap, but I was wondering what your opinions were concerning using the Spec Throw-out bearing or getting a new OEM one? Also, any one know which of the harnesses I need for the swap along with the ECU to get everything running right? I'm not really worried about the check engine light as the EGR delete already throws one, just proper performance and the ability to use the 5spd gauge cluster.

Thanks for the help!
PlateLunch
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Re: OEM or aftermarket throw-out bearing and harness questio

Postby SolaraPete » Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:24 pm

I went with a new oem when i upgraded to the 6 puck ACT. Its what everyone else was doing (damn peer pressure lol!!), but i cant remember what the actual reason is. Ive had my clutch for 3 years and no issues.
'99 S/C'd 5spd: 6psi-KYB/Intrax-Kaminari-Renova- 2.5in w/TRD muffler-full Injen CAI w/crisp-mongo filter-Walbro 190-305cc-Jim's fuel-torque rod-8mm Magnecore-EGR delete-ACT 6-puck-AEM wideband-SAFC2-Supra/ES300 F+R brake conversion
SolaraPete
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Re: OEM or aftermarket throw-out bearing and harness questio

Postby PlateLunch » Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:27 am

That seems to be the general consensus on the board, going with a new OEM bearing. Thanks bro!
PlateLunch
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to Aftermarket Gen1 and 1.5