[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - HID HEADLIGHT QUICK QUESTION
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 1-1.5 upgrades.

HID HEADLIGHT QUICK QUESTION

HID HEADLIGHT QUICK QUESTION

Postby Bippusol » Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:45 pm

just got around to putting my HID's back in after a road trip to cali.
but i forgot to mark which is driver side which is passenger side D; :cry: :-? :(
I'm running H4 bulbs, it has 2 bulbs, one is the HID, one is either the high beam, or the DRL. pretty sure it's high beam tho lol

i forgot which side is which!! if I'm starting on driverside, does the high beam/drl face the outside of the car by the turn signal and corner light (right)
or the inside of the car near the fan (left) and vice versa, silly question, should've marked them :drinking: smh. THANKS.
01 SE-V6, Stock as Fock (=
Bippusol
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Re: HID HEADLIGHT QUICK QUESTION

Postby dinoxor » Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:51 pm

not really understanding your question.

Based on your signature, 2001 only has one bulb that works both as regular lights and high beams.
When you turn on your high beam, a magnet inside the bulb moves causing your bulb to emit light at a different angle, which then reflects your headlight housing a certain angle causing to aim the lights higher.

From your HID kit, I assume you ordered a hi-lo adapter which allows your to use this function.
In this case you should place the kit closer to the battery so that you may tap into the battery for power.

Otherwise there should only be one bulb per housing.

In addition your DRL is just your high beam but on low wattage.

hope this helps, good luck
dinoxor
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby SolaraPete » Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:33 pm

I have a Bi-Xenon kit so i cant give you an exact answer, but from others that ive seen, the halogen high beam was on the same side of the hid capsule (there was no left or right orientation). If yours arent like that then i guess i would put the halogen high beam closer to the grill, rather than the corner light.

Here's a link to a pic showing the halogen on the same side of each bulb.

http://www.hidoutlet.net/h4-h-hi-low-hid-bulb.html
'99 S/C'd 5spd: 6psi-KYB/Intrax-Kaminari-Renova- 2.5in w/TRD muffler-full Injen CAI w/crisp-mongo filter-Walbro 190-305cc-Jim's fuel-torque rod-8mm Magnecore-EGR delete-ACT 6-puck-AEM wideband-SAFC2-Supra/ES300 F+R brake conversion
SolaraPete
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Bippusol » Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:15 pm

thanks pete & dinoxor!
01 SE-V6, Stock as Fock (=
Bippusol
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to Aftermarket Gen1 and 1.5