[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - In the market for new suspension
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 1-1.5 upgrades.

In the market for new suspension

In the market for new suspension

Postby hksxtrd562 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:06 am

So currently I have the strut and spring suspension but my driverside front strut seems to have blown out while my rear driverside strut is squeeking like a pig thanks to the mechanics that didn't believe me when I told them I had lowering springs on..

But point of the matter is I'm in the market for Coilovers but do not know which brand of Coilover to choose from thats within my price range. I'm also curious of the 97-01 Camry coilovers and if they could fit on our Solaras or not. My price range is $900 or so but I also want the "stock" ride quality but can be adjustable for the mountainous roads and such. I also would prefer if they coilover could go low... ya know, to give the cops a little something to hassle about haha.
You drive FASS man.
hksxtrd562
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: In the market for new suspension

Postby Akfahad » Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:14 pm

I can only offer my opinion on the Tein SS COs, they'll be a little more than your price range, can't remember what I got them for a few years ago but got them off eBay. You can adjust the ride height to near stock height if desired or lower it as you want. They are the softer COs on the market and you can adjust the stiffness to + / - 10.
Akfahad
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby ToyoSolV6 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:06 pm

I tagged you on Instagram dude, im running megan 32 way adjustable coils with a 180mm 8kg spring up front and 200mm 7kg spring rear im able to tuck a lot of tire but i choose not to. I picked up my whole set up coils and springs for under 1k.
One of the few Built Forged Supercharged solaras in so cal
335whp x 344tq.
ToyoSolV6
Solaraguy's dopest driver
Solaraguy's dopest driver

Postby hksxtrd562 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:00 am

Toyo, yeah I saw, but that was after I posted this thread lol. I did hear the Teins were soft but my coworker has Megans on his RX8 and hes pretty low so I'll probably grab those when I get a chance.. Can't way to scrape everywhere.. just sucks cause I need to fix my passenger quarter panel dent or i'll just shred tire for days... fml
You drive FASS man.
hksxtrd562
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to Aftermarket Gen1 and 1.5