[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Brandoe's Build Thread
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 1-1.5 upgrades.

Brandoe's Build Thread

Re: Brandoe's Build Thread

Postby Brandoe91 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:24 am

Solarizona wrote:I have the same one in 2.5" with OBX headers. Only had it for about 8 months, but doing great so far. I too had it installed because of the smell (and noise).

Thanks for the input, I will go ahead and get it.
TRD S/C 6psi - OBX Full Exhaust - Injen intake ( 226whp untuned).

New Setup - 3mzfe - obx full exhaust - aem fic - innovate mtx-l wideband - Cpe intake. (Estimated 220whp) dyno numbers coming soon.
Brandoe91
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby ftw » Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:17 am

Brandoe91 wrote:I sold it to a member on here. How's the car? Do you have anything planned for it?

Did you post a for sale thread for the kit because I don't remember seeing one. I'm interested mostly in the front lip so if you see any lemme know.

Besides my leaking rack and pinion the car is doing ok. Have to get that fixed and need to do my front brakes by the end of the summer. Then I have to decide if I'm going to do my timing belt because I'm at 189K now.
New Daily: 2005 Corolla XRS
SOLD: DWP 1999 SE V6| Eibach/Tokico| Super Pro Dogbone Bushings, FSB Bushings| Energy Suspension Front Control Arm Bushings| Injen Intake
ftw
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Brandoe91 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:08 pm

ftw wrote:
Did you post a for sale thread for the kit because I don't remember seeing one. I'm interested mostly in the front lip so if you see any lemme know.

Besides my leaking rack and pinion the car is doing ok. Have to get that fixed and need to do my front brakes by the end of the summer. Then I have to decide if I'm going to do my timing belt because I'm at 189K now.

Honestly I don't even remember If I posted it up. I might have some trd parts including a lip kit coming my way soon, if it falls through I will let you know.

New Setup - 3mzfe - obx full exhaust - aem fic - innovate mtx-l wideband - Cpe intake. (Estimated 220whp) dyno numbers coming soon.
Brandoe91
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Brandoe91 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:49 pm

I finally got around to tinting my fog lights .

If the rain holds up, I will probably install them tomorrow.

And look what came in the mail today

Brandoe91
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Brandoe91 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:10 pm

Here bored at work, so I decided to update this thread and play my part in rejuvenating this board (yes it's dead)

Not much have changed since July but I have done a few things all the same. I finally got around to installing the short shifter from the Celica. The shifter now feels tighter and has noticeably shorter throw . I also installed an Exedy stage 1 which chatters like a mofo, a Kenwood excelon x996 single din with an amp and sub. I will post a couple pics up once I get home.

I have a million and one parts that I have yet to install, so stay tuneeeeed :D

Brandoe91
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby HARKEM » Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:47 am

Looking good so far;)

And just a thought from personal experience..
I fitted a Exedy Stage 1 and the mechanic i used put a std Toyota thrust bearing in, the clutch chattered like a bitch and slowly got worse,
the mechanic said it was normal for a race clutch to chatter....my A**...it lasted 7000km's and seized unexpectedly, then i fitted a matching Exedy thrust bearing and it makes no noise at all, clutch handles better and is still going 40'000km's later..and now i do all my own work..
2001 V6 CAMRY TOURING
DBA 4000 Slotted/Cross Drilled Rotors Front/Rear, EXEDY Stage 1 Race Clutch, FIDANZA 9lbs Flywheel,
Whiteline RSB & FSB, TRD Suspension, CUSTOM Headers&OBX CatBack, TRD S/C:)
HARKEM
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Brandoe91 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:09 am

Thanks bro. Did you install those 2mz cams I sent you ?

As for the clutch, that sucks because I ditched the TB that came with the Exedy kit for the std Toyota TB. So maybe I am having the same issue. What's crazy about the TB things is that all over SG and TN people say to use the Toyota TB.

Brandoe91
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Brandoe91 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:13 am

Over the weekend, Flawless Performance were having their dyno day, so i took the Lara out for some baseline runs. She made 183whp & 192 wtq non-tuned with a Injen SRI, OBX Headers and 3inch Catback. My A/f ratio was very rich from 3700rpm to redline. Should be able to lean it out and make some extra ponies.

Brandoe91
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Bostonlara » Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:51 am

I should know this but, are those purple things suspension bushings??? Part Number please and vendor :)
building a 5.5psi S/C 3MZ 5spd with Meth, 305cc injectors, lite weight crank pulley, Apexi Neo, full exhaust & ypipe, CAI, TB spacer, knock upgrade, jims fuel upgrade, walbro 255, and much much much much more
Bostonlara
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Gregtrd » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:37 pm

Shifter base bushings.
The Fastest Camry in Socal
366whp / 427wtq @10.5psi
Gregtrd
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby chullen1 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:49 pm

I was wondering if you resurfaced the flywheel when you put the new clutch in? This could be the cause of the chatter too.
chullen1
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Brandoe91 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:41 pm

chullen1 wrote:I was wondering if you resurfaced the flywheel when you put the new clutch in? This could be the cause of the chatter too.

Yup, I had a machine shop do it.

Brandoe91
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Bdub215 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:23 pm

Had a Exedy stage one in my ES300 at one point. Throwout bearing blew up i and went back to OEM. Trans went a year later and i still think it had something to do do with it.
Bdub215
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Brandoe91 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:14 pm

Bdub215 wrote:Had a Exedy stage one in my ES300 at one point. Throwout bearing blew up i and went back to OEM. Trans went a year later and i still think it had something to do do with it.

I used the oem throwout bearing with the Exedy stage one, so I am not sure what's going on. Ppl seem to be having problem with both exedy and toyota's oem tb.

Brandoe91
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Brandoe91 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:49 pm

Threw on the old Flik Racing Wasp wheels I had in the garage. What do you guys think?

Brandoe91
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

PreviousNext

Return to Aftermarket Gen1 and 1.5