[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Custom TRD stainless exhaust with vids
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 1-1.5 upgrades.

Custom TRD stainless exhaust with vids

Postby Midias » Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:15 am

PhreakdOut wrote:The garage is beautiful. The exhaust may not be pretty ... but who looks under the car ... right? :wink: (Besides an exhaust geek like me)

Yea that garage is worth more than my perrents nice house and houses near a million dollars in nice cars every winter from vintage jags to alpinas and NSXs.

But seriously now that the videos are up let me know guys I am really curious to find out how people like the sound.
Midias
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Chinky420 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:34 pm

exhaust at idle sounds good. WOT sounds great.

looks good, and hopefully it'll hold up through those NY winters.
Chinky420
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby anwagbo3000 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:43 am

MIDIAS, it sounds great, how long did it take for the install and putting it together
The three L's....Let Life Lead........
anwagbo3000
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Midias » Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:56 pm

anwagbo3000 wrote:MIDIAS, it sounds great, how long did it take for the install and putting it together

It took about 8 hrs including making the cat and fixing the Y pipe I am really happy with the fit. Most of the time was spent making sure it all fit well and keeping it close to the underside of the car so it did not hang funny. In total With 2 resonators and the cat I think the whole project cost me about 250 in parts.

Chinky420 wrote:exhaust at idle sounds good. WOT sounds great.

looks good, and hopefully it'll hold up through those NY winters.

Thanks I like it better than the last one because when I am at a light it does not drone on at idle. We will see what happens after winter hell you can see on the y pipe I have a little surface rust.

Performance wise it is much better than my crappy clamped one I am really loving it.
Midias
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby aenties » Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:02 pm

sounds mean! good job!
'98CamryLEV6:
Tokico,Eibach,TrdRSB,Intake,Jim'sTorqueRod.
aenties
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Midias » Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:26 am

^^ I love the sound more and more every day I am really glad I went dual resonator. It also feels good to know I have an exhaust that will finally last until I am done with the car but the real test will come soon when I have some snow and salt to run it through but no rust yet.
Midias
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby PXLpainter » Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:35 am

Cool man! :up: This is what I want to do next!

Question though - why did you use two resonators? Was it because the increase in pipe dia?

How did the performance feel after the mod? Did you feel a loss of low-end torque?
Old CarDomain pages here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2247283
So-long to my 2006 SLE Convertible...
PXLpainter
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby Midias » Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:08 am

I used 2 resonators to keep sound down and get rid of both high pitched buzz and highway drone. The car is nice and quiet when I cruise on the highway which makes me very happy. I felt both an increase in low end tq and high end HP vs my old system. And as you can see in the pic below the resonators don't hurt flow much as they are straight through perforated resonators. Feel free to respond back or PM with any questions I spent a lot of time looking up parts and would be more than happy to share my experience.

Midias
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby GzNutz » Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:31 pm

Would it be safe to say that any turbulence created by the perforations of the resonator may be negated by the increase in diameter of the pipe?
GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Midias » Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:39 pm

^^ I doubt it because if they were that much of a problem they would not be in use by every major exhaust company around. Such as Greddy (2 on solara), Apexi, OBX (2 on solara), JPP (2 on solara), Megan (2 on solara) ect...

Their flow potential is probably about 95% of a straight pipe and as I know from personal experience they make the exhaust sound way better. I hated mine without them using the same pipe diameter and muffler.

Pics below of some examples I used the same type from silverline in my exhaust

Last edited by Midias on Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Midias
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby GzNutz » Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:41 pm

Ahhh, 5% potential loss is nothing compared to better sound.
GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Midias » Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:44 pm

Just took a 250 mile trip today and I love my exhaust even with the music down low it never droned on or got annoying in any way even the wife commented on how quiet it was on the expressway. This is defiantly my last exhaust for this car.
Midias
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Previous

Return to Aftermarket Gen1 and 1.5