[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Wood trim
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 1-1.5 upgrades.

Wood trim

Postby Donnie » Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:51 pm

I have them on cardomain. I'm pic posting challenged and domain is kinda easy. My user name is GetGraphics. I'm also in the cardomain Solaraguy group. I'm gonna try and post some step by step shots tomorrow. I took some today but I was by myself since everyone else was afraid of the snow but they might give you an idea. My shop site is www.elitesigns.us
Donnie
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Donnie » Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:58 pm

DrLove, I just posted kind of a tutorial w/pics on cardomain of the dash job. Maybe it'll help.
Donnie
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby DrLove » Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:22 am

Oh great! I like a lot the fact that you put the vinyl everywhere on the headunit bezel. I have the exact same interior, 2 tones with leather.
Mine doesn't look great like yours.

It's sad that I live so far, or I would give you cash to make mine! I only want the headunit bezel, the shifter and the door control.

This morning I was looking my wood effect, I like it, for now it's doing the job, and it looks amazing on the shifter. The flat black plastic on the shifter was always disturbing me, i was so ugly and looks like a cheap car interior part. Now it looks nice.

Im gonna take pics soon as I can.
SOLD 1999 Toyota Solara V6 SE white
Mazda 6 2010 6 speed black GS
DrLove
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby DrLove » Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:52 pm

Some pics I took today (I was taking pics about my white LED interior mod) to show you the wood trim.

DrLove
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Chinky420 » Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:09 pm

looks clean...what was the name of the wood style you got? also, what site did you order from, ebay?
Chinky420
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby DrLove » Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:13 am

Yes on Ebay, but don't buy this kit, it's hard to install and it's too thin, get a thicker kit on Ebay, it will probably do a a "bubble" effect over the part,but it will be easier to install. it's my advice.
DrLove
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Ruski » Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:07 am

Not mu cup to tea .. Theres to much going on, in the center console
Totaled 9-14-07 NEW 6-6-08 04 Se Sport White
Ruski
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby DrLove » Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:23 pm

:D That's why they make different tea flavor. Some likes wood, some CF, some let it stock. But Toyota were selling the car with this wood trim, so it doesn't make the interior look aftermarket or mods.

I like it, but it's not essential that's for sure.
DrLove
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby synenergy52 » Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:00 pm

Here's what I did. My wood trim in my Solara was VERY faded.. almost white... from years in the sun. I took some Meguiars polish (Swirl Remover) and just hand polished each piece. They look absolutely BRAND new and extremely reflective. Very dark. Looks NEW. Try it and take your time.
MY06 E46 BMW 325ci 5MT, Sport Package, Active Xenon, body colored front reflectors.

MY99 Solara SLE V6 4AT (all the SLE junk)
synenergy52
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Previous

Return to Aftermarket Gen1 and 1.5