[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - supercharger question
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 1-1.5 upgrades.

supercharger question

Postby cdssolara » Wed Jan 22, 2003 7:20 pm

ID wrote:There's also a very stinky toxic smell coming out of the exhaust. The exhaust is brand new apexi world sport, is this normal? Or this could be caused by the supercharger?

I have the same exhaust, and bought it brand new. I never had a smell like that, even when it was new. It sounds to me like something is going on in your engine. With the stock pulley, you shouldn't be getting the check engine light. Most of the people who have experienced this problem have had smaller pulleys.
cdssolara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Yanks0114 » Wed Jan 22, 2003 7:35 pm

I have the Apexi world sport and it did smell bad for the first 100 miles. There is NO REASON that you should need the S-AFC on 4lbs of boost. TRD spent a lot of time researching the S/C and designing it so it would fit with no extra modifications. As was said above the S-AFC is just a bandaid. There is obviously a problem or else you wouldn't have the check engine on. Try posting on the teamsc3.com forum. As much trouble as you are having just remember you are lucky because you have a mechanic who seems to really care and is really helpful
Yanks0114
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby Flipside909 » Wed Jan 22, 2003 8:51 pm

yanks0114 wrote:TRD spent a lot of time researching the S/C and designing it.

Hahah..yeah right. LOL. Doesn't explain why people's knock sensors are going out even with just 4psi.
www.clublexus.com

Solaraguy.com OG. ;)
Flipside909
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Intresting topic :)

Postby Danny » Thu Jan 23, 2003 5:51 pm

Hey i have all the problem youve all been talking about , lol first off i have the supercharger running 4lbs i have already blown both knock sensors, had them fixed second, my car ran so lean it detonated the 1 cyclinder plug denso ik22, my car with 4lb pulley dynoed at 202whp, can you explain these things??? also when i accelorte with 4lb the car has a mild stutter before it actually start taking off, with 6lb pulley car has sever stutter and retard.
Danny
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Yanks0114 » Thu Jan 23, 2003 6:26 pm

Flipside909 wrote:
yanks0114 wrote:TRD spent a lot of time researching the S/C and designing it.

Hahah..yeah right. LOL. Doesn't explain why people's knock sensors are going out even with just 4psi.

They did spend a lot of time researching it. You even said it yourself, thats why the EBC came out, autos have boost cut between shifts and it took over a year to come out after it was annouced. The knock sensors are a different story, i haven't heard much at 4psi but yes at higher boost it is a problem. You still shouldn't need a S-AFC ($300) plus dynotune ($75+ per hour) for a Supercharger that is supposed to be a stock fit.
Yanks0114
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

egr nut

Postby Guest » Mon Jan 27, 2003 12:45 pm

where is the egr nut ?? located what will happen if it is loose?

Previous

Return to Aftermarket Gen1 and 1.5