[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - What Can I Do?
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 1-1.5 upgrades.

What Can I Do?

What Can I Do?

Postby mattacosta » Sun Jan 12, 2003 9:01 pm

I have a 99 Solara SE V6, but i have it on lease till '04.... I can't do many mods to it... I have changed the headlights, and foglights and I want to do more things, what do you guys and gals suggest?
mattacosta
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby i20solara02i » Sun Jan 12, 2003 9:28 pm

get an supercharge that gonna be ur best mod to ur car

richard
version 3.0 complete 302 hp 303 tq stay tuned for 3.01 (meth installed, now needs to get it tune)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZOTi2NPNIA
i20solara02i
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Yanks0114 » Sun Jan 12, 2003 9:41 pm

ehh on a leased car i don't know if a S/C is such a good idea, unless you wanna pay to have it removed in a year. Enjoy the car. You could always do rims and a few other things like that. Depends on what you are intereasted in doing.
Yanks0114
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby mattacosta » Sun Jan 12, 2003 9:49 pm

i just wanna make it look nice. nothing too big, nothing that's gonna burn a hole in my pocket...
mattacosta
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby pecora55 » Sun Jan 12, 2003 10:39 pm

Hate lease's! hmmm...
Goodbye solara, loved you while i had you :( now into my bros hands, and hello Spec V...BYE BYE SpecV HELLO 04 Maxima ;)
-------------------------------
'04 Maxima SE
'03 Sentra SpecV(SOLD)
'99 Solara SLE V6 Auto(SOLD)
pecora55
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby krook » Sun Jan 12, 2003 11:50 pm

if you're gonna return that sucker in a year anyway, just do things to it cosmetically. get some clear corners, mod your grill if ya want (refer to search function) for cheap via home depot, and get nice stereo set up to blast around town. gauges, may be an option to you to.

these are all things that can easily be taken off when you return the car and it needs to be stock.
krook
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby bassthrive » Mon Jan 13, 2003 12:23 am

TINT!!!!
- Paul

y2k(1MZ)dWp
cpe mafci / apexi ws / tein s-tech + tokico / trd rsb
bassthrive
SolaraGuy Marklar
SolaraGuy Marklar

Postby Peter » Mon Jan 13, 2003 12:30 am

i say go all out, but keep all the stock parts and make sure you diy so you can throw it all back together in 04. lotta work but will save you money and make sure you dont do anything permanent. good luck
Peter's "Black Sheep"
-1999 Toyota Solara SE V6 Black 5 Speed

Visit Black Sheep
Peter
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby Missay » Mon Jan 13, 2003 10:35 pm

if you just wanna make it look nice....hummm...you don't need much

Just
*tint
*rims

anddddd...if you decide you wanna spend more money
*exhaust
*lower
*body kit

but really...i wouldn't bother w/ the more expensive things if you're pretty sure you're gonna return it after the lease. if you decide to just buy it at the end of the lease, then you might wanna consider the extra stuff.

i decided i'm just gonna tint and change my rims (all under 2k) and then worry bout more expensive stuff later (heheh..got a lecture-more like scolding :lol: - from the mommy tonight bout spending money on my car..something bout college debt..blah blah blah..car payments..blah blah blah.... :wink: )
Melissa
Missay
SolaraGuy Ambassador
SolaraGuy Ambassador

Postby mattacosta » Tue Jan 14, 2003 1:39 pm

thanks guys!!!
mattacosta
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to Aftermarket Gen1 and 1.5