[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - 2002 solarafront conversion on 99-01
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 1-1.5 upgrades.

2002 solarafront conversion on 99-01

2002 solarafront conversion on 99-01

Postby BurningSolara » Fri Dec 27, 2002 6:47 pm

I checked with a local dealership they wont do it. But he advsied of someone local that might. Only drawback is he doesnt know if the brackets are compatible or not. if I was to purchase these parts they would not give me my money back. the parts are about $1100.00 (with a 20% discount).

So if anyone knows if it can be done without a doubt please tell me. If there is any special parts needed or any fabricated parts that will be needed to make it fit. It would really suck to get all this and invest another $1k into making it fit properly or for it to not work at all.

So if you solara Pro's know something or someone that has attempted to do/ done. :2gunfire: Please post!
BurningSolara
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Blaze » Fri Dec 27, 2002 8:36 pm

too much work, any conversion is just not worth it i think. Owning the 4cyl sure has tought me a lesson. Save up money and just buy the better version
Blaze
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby ID » Sat Dec 28, 2002 10:09 am

Too much work. Not only the front bumper, headlights, sidemarkers, and fog lights need to be changed, the side fenders will also need to be changed as well to fit the new sidemarkers. Also the headlight housings are different. I had an accident before that requires the whole front to be changed, I was trying to get them do the conversion and they said it's just too much work that needs to be done.
ID
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby BurningSolara » Sat Dec 28, 2002 12:26 pm

Never!!! I want it done. I guess I'll have to be the sacrificial lamb. Only thing I really want is the headlights. The rest of the front end is so so. Getting the new one isnt feasible to me (I only had the car for 7 mos). Is there any way the car can be modded to fit the lights? The fenders are the same and the hood is the same. Other than the bumper being needed to make the new lights fit I really dont want it ( bumper).

I have $2k to invest in either a full body kit. Or the much wanted 02 front end. This may sound......"kinda dumb". I love the Look of the lights and also because of the lights being dual bulbs. In addition i dont have to get the Bi-Xenon bulbs http://www.hidkits.com/whats_new_9003_bi_xenon.htm. I believe that the dedicated bulb and the design of the reflector has a greater light output versus the 99-01 design.

Teamed with the Xenon that is capable of sweeping the entire level of color temperature from 4250K to 10,000K (4250K type HID's are the most ideal for standard driving). It's a very beautiful thing. If you dont get what im saying please view the above link.
BurningSolara
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby nkx1 » Sat Dec 28, 2002 2:19 pm

Dude, seriously, why would you spend (waste) $3,000+ on a front end mod that will barely change the look of your car and will not change the performance at all? Imo, that's crazy. For that much $$, you could buy so many more things that would make your car look ALOT better or perform alot better. You could get a supercharger (V6 only), get the TRD bodykit, get wheels, lower your car, whatever. And any of those things would cost way less than what you are going to pay for a new front end. I mean, if you have a rediculous amount of money, do it. Then again, if you did have tons of $$, #1 you could just buy a 2002+, and #2 you would probably be driving a much more expensive car than a Solara. So do whatever makes you feel good, but imo, its a waste of $$.

Btw, sorry, I don't know anyone that has had a new front end installed. :fadein:
2001 SLE, Diamond White Pearl
nkx1
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Flipside909 » Sat Dec 28, 2002 2:25 pm

nkx1 wrote:
Btw, sorry, I don't know anyone that has had a new front end installed. :fadein:

I do. All of Toyota Motorsports Solara PPG Pace Cars. :D But yes, they have a bottomless pit of money to spend.
www.clublexus.com

Solaraguy.com OG. ;)
Flipside909
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby impactX » Sat Dec 28, 2002 3:01 pm

I wouldn't think twice to get SC if I have 2k to spend...
impactX
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Conversion

Postby JMS » Sat Dec 28, 2002 3:38 pm

A) The previous front end looks better

B) The TRD kit looks better on the 99-01

C) Either of the headlights aren't ideal for HID

D) Go to Carandmodel.com and search for the Solara with Syliva headlights, I would spend my money on that, it's sweet.
JMS

Postby BurningSolara » Sun Dec 29, 2002 2:24 pm

I know with any amount of money this can be done. I just want to know can it be done with the amount of money Im willing to spend.

[/quote]nkx1 wrote:

Btw, sorry, I don't know anyone that has had a new front end installed.

I do. All of Toyota Motorsports Solara PPG Pace Cars. But yes, they have a bottomless pit of money to spend.

Eh, it may be a waste but its what i want done. + How can you say that either of the head lights arent ideal for Hid?
BurningSolara
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby BurningSolara » Sun Dec 29, 2002 5:42 pm

Sorry for the huge typo :Þ. But you get what I'm saying.
BurningSolara
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to Aftermarket Gen1 and 1.5