[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Solara Headers Completed
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 1-1.5 upgrades.

Solara Headers Completed

Postby 4banger » Sat Jan 11, 2003 11:06 am

EricSol wrote:Edit: BTW I have raced 2 Late model Z28's since the addition of the headers and beat them both.

are you sure they were Z28s? They are pretty damn fast
Silver '99 Solara SE 4cyl.
4banger
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Misunderstanding

Postby JMSinMaryland » Sat Jan 11, 2003 11:06 am

I think ICUFG you have a misunderstanding. I think EricSol is saying $2300 for the headers/y-pipe and full exhaust. Previously I read headers/y-pipe was $1600 which would mean the full exhaust adds another $600. The headers/y-pipe to make them equal flow with a high-flow cat doesn't fit in the normal space and requires the cutting off of a few inches of the Greddy Evo, Apexi WS, etc aftermarket cat-back exhaust system. This was required as well with the Cattman y-pipe which was about $600 by itself, so in fact the price of the headers is equal to about $1000 which is a resonable price for high-flow equal length SS headers. Figure out the equation, S/C is 50hp for $2500 (avg.) which equals $50 per hp, the Headers/y-pipe is 30hp for $1600 which equals $53 per hp, pretty close. Jon.
17" Toyota Highlander Limited wheels for sale
http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/g ... ed-wheels/
JMSinMaryland
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby ICUFG » Sat Jan 11, 2003 11:35 am

No misunderstaning here Jon, my s/c was $1810=36.2 per hp at your 50hp figures and if im not mistaking the y-pipe the headers and the cat back=30hp so roughly $2000=66.7 per hp. I think you have the misunderstanding. Like a said if you have the money, great. I think that Eric is doing the right thing and in the right order. I just think that 66.7 per hp is just a little much, just my $.02.
ICUFG
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby EricSol » Sat Jan 11, 2003 11:47 am

4banger wrote:
EricSol wrote:Edit: BTW I have raced 2 Late model Z28's since the addition of the headers and beat them both.

are you sure they were Z28s? They are pretty damn fast

I'm sure, 1 was off a 30mph roll to 100. The other was on the freeway from 70 to 120....we did that twice with the same outcome. Now if I was to race them from a dead stop with my lack fo traction by the time I hooked I would never be able to catch them, but those other two guys didn't know that. I'm putting down close to 270hp to the tires which is about 310-315 flywheel, a Solara weighs 3100 pounds. Thats a 10-1 power to wieght ratio. I think Camaro's are like 12-1.....you can check it out.
2004 Pontiac GTO 408ci 535 whp all motor
1999 Solara 296 whp
EricSol
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Re: Misunderstanding

Postby EricSol » Sat Jan 11, 2003 11:50 am

I couldn't have said it better myself...

JMSinMaryland wrote:I think ICUFG you have a misunderstanding. I think EricSol is saying $2300 for the headers/y-pipe and full exhaust. Previously I read headers/y-pipe was $1600 which would mean the full exhaust adds another $600. The headers/y-pipe to make them equal flow with a high-flow cat doesn't fit in the normal space and requires the cutting off of a few inches of the Greddy Evo, Apexi WS, etc aftermarket cat-back exhaust system. This was required as well with the Cattman y-pipe which was about $600 by itself, so in fact the price of the headers is equal to about $1000 which is a resonable price for high-flow equal length SS headers. Figure out the equation, S/C is 50hp for $2500 (avg.) which equals $50 per hp, the Headers/y-pipe is 30hp for $1600 which equals $53 per hp, pretty close. Jon.
2004 Pontiac GTO 408ci 535 whp all motor
1999 Solara 296 whp
EricSol
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Previous

Return to Aftermarket Gen1 and 1.5