[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - VVT-i in 99' v6 manual solara
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 1-1.5 upgrades.

VVT-i in 99' v6 manual solara

Postby Jackass-Jeff » Thu Jun 09, 2005 11:08 am

so-cal_sol wrote:
Chewbocca wrote:really?

yea, i asked the parts TPC manager at the toyota dealer where i got my solara about getting a supercharger and he said that toyota was placing a hold on superchargers for newer models he said that people with the x-runner tacoma (which has the vvt-i engine) and the tundra (v8) were having problems with the TRD supercharger (wich since its a toyota performance part you can put it under the waranty of your car) so toyota is putting a hold on the supercharger til they can figure out what to do about the problem.

unless the guy you asked was an enthusiast, he knows nothing. TRD does not talk to parts reps... you need to contact them to fish for information. Due to the TRD reform, all production has been put on hiatus until further notice... All TRD parts are now covered directly under Toyota/Lexus warranty for the original specified milage/time. Dealers got the news regarding this about 2 months ago.

I can feed you some bull too, if you wish... The next gen Solara is RWD w/ the 3UZ-FE! It's gonna r0x0rs your s0x0rs. Take that, GTO.
1GR-FE ftw!
Jackass-Jeff
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer

Postby Nutty101 » Mon Jun 13, 2005 12:49 pm

Jackass-Jeff wrote:
MikeATL wrote:can someone explain how vvt-i actually works?

VVT-i adjusts the valve timing on the INTAKE camshaft only. Dual VVT-i (seem in the Avalon and GS 300, upcoming on the IS 250/350) has VVT-i functioning on the INTAKE and EXHAUST cams... creating a BMW-like torque curve (BMW has used Double VANOS in their 330, 5-series, etc... definately a good thing!)

I have a wrecked 2005 Avalon with the intake setup like that. Don't think it would be worth it and the power gains are so low. Let alone trying to boost it. Interesting concept though.
Nutty101
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby krawzyazn » Tue Jun 14, 2005 7:47 pm

Here is a 1MZ with VVti
$1500 in so cali
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... gory=33615
2002 2AZ-FE SILVER Toyota Solara
<B>FIRST 2AZ Gen 1.5 Solara with Headers!!!</b>

<B>http://WWW.Obamastinks.net</B>
krawzyazn
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer

Postby Nutty101 » Tue Jun 14, 2005 9:05 pm

krawzyazn wrote:Here is a 1MZ with VVti
$1500 in so cali
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... gory=33615

Good luck with that one. Unless the car has the ecu & harness it will never go into a gen 1/1.5.
Nutty101
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby TheTamago » Mon Jun 27, 2005 4:02 am

Don't tease the RWD format if it ever returns to the lower class cars in Toyota. Since most RWD cars from Toyota are in the Lexus name :evil: It makes me wanna hold off a couple more yrs then if thats true for a new car so i can keep my '00 for commuting 8)
[b]AZ TO HI Dis Egg Can Roll[/b][IMG]http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q296/THeTamago/Idol-Car-Pose.jpg[/IMG]
TheTamago
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby Mandarinsolara » Mon Jun 27, 2005 5:09 am

^ you are going to be real dissappointed
Mandarinsolara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Solorange » Mon Jun 27, 2005 3:24 pm

Jackass-Jeff wrote:yea, i asked the parts TPC manager at the toyota dealer where i got my solara about getting a supercharger and he said that toyota was placing a hold on superchargers for newer models he said that people with the x-
I can feed you some bull too, if you wish... The next gen Solara is RWD w/ the 3UZ-FE! It's gonna r0x0rs your s0x0rs. Take that, GTO.

Hey you seem to have an understanding of the toyota engine codes. Can you explain all the different codes letters, numbers, and names. I dont understand any of it and would really like to know what it all means. All i know is that i have a 1mzfe and supras have 1jz's and 2jz's. But have now clue what it means.
1999 Toyota Solara SEV6 5speed
2009 Toyota Highlander Sport
2005 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Solorange
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Grnarowana » Tue Jun 28, 2005 5:28 pm

My buddy has an air thingcontroller on his subaru, in honda's it's call a v-tec controller...My buddy been nagging me to put one on my solara...Good Idea? i know it will kill gas once i choose to pump it up, however i can also lower the fuel capcity it will eat which will save gas, but will be a bit slower. Good idea?
Grnarowana
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Solorange » Tue Jun 28, 2005 7:42 pm

Cool thanks that helps a lot.
1999 Toyota Solara SEV6 5speed
2009 Toyota Highlander Sport
2005 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Solorange
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby DatSRBoi » Tue Jun 28, 2005 8:32 pm

So is 1MZ the FWD little little cousin version of the supra? ahaha
[b][color=red]WARNING: MY SIGNATURE MAY CAUSE SEIZURES![/color][/b]
DatSRBoi
Grumpy SolaraGuy
Grumpy SolaraGuy

Postby OKANG » Wed Jun 29, 2005 6:28 pm

DatSRBoi wrote:So is 1MZ the FWD little little cousin version of the supra? ahaha

I don't see that the Supra engine has anything in common with the 1MZ-FE except for the number of cylinders and amount of displacement. We can always dream though.

BTW, I agree that it'd be better to just supercharge the 1MZ-FE and/or go with some other bolt-on mods. An engine swap, no matter how easy it looks on paper, almost always ends up taking longer and costing more than expected.
Cogito Ergo Zoom
OKANG
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby ThatVietGuy » Thu Jun 30, 2005 11:11 pm

Sorry, but rear wheel drive is too un-economical.

Damn bean counters :roll:
ThatVietGuy
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Previous

Return to Aftermarket Gen1 and 1.5