[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - plz help!!
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 1-1.5 upgrades.

plz help!!

plz help!!

Postby BradOwens » Wed Sep 01, 2004 3:43 pm

ok i swear i used the search button but i want to know if there are some lowering springs that will lower my car an inch or less. i looked up the trd, eibach, and tein and they all lower more than an inch and i would be ok with that its just that my dad wont let me lower it if its going to lower it more than an inch. o and i have a 2000 solara sle v6. so any help on this would be much appricated. thanks!
BradOwens
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby geminimouse » Wed Sep 01, 2004 3:46 pm

...there are no springs that'll lower just an inch.
08 Accord Coupe
99 Solara Sold on 7/7/07
geminimouse
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

How come just an inch of lowering?

Postby michaels artic frost » Wed Sep 01, 2004 5:08 pm

How come your father does not want you to lower it no more than an inch? rougher ride? :D
Updated 06/01/12: Michael T's
Updated 06/01/12: JUICED! 232whp 294ft/lbs of torque
"Every passing minute is another chance to turn it all around."
michaels artic frost
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby SC V6 » Wed Sep 01, 2004 5:16 pm

make him a deal on some coilovers
haha :drinking:
Parting out my car!!! great upgrades for sale!
http://www.solaraguy.org/viewtopic.php?t=34449

Denso IK22's (6), SWAP PARTS! and more!!!
SC V6
SolaraGuy Professional Racer
SolaraGuy Professional Racer

Postby BradOwens » Wed Sep 01, 2004 6:19 pm

he thinks that it will make it too low to clear speed bumps and stuff.. he also complained about the rougher ride and im like i dont care but he does for some reason. anyway i bet they dont make just 1 inch drop but i just thought i would ask.
BradOwens
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby michaels artic frost » Wed Sep 01, 2004 6:37 pm

SC V6 wrote:make him a deal on some coilovers
haha :drinking:

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Do what he SC said. That's the way to go, but they're a bit expensive.
:-?
Updated 06/01/12: Michael T's
Updated 06/01/12: JUICED! 232whp 294ft/lbs of torque
"Every passing minute is another chance to turn it all around."
michaels artic frost
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby SpikedMantis » Wed Sep 01, 2004 7:24 pm

Or just get bigger wheels and tires!
SpikedMantis
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby 1jzgte » Wed Sep 01, 2004 7:46 pm

did your dad pay for the car?
1jzgte
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby 99V6solaraSE » Wed Sep 01, 2004 8:29 pm

so would yall say coilovers are better than the spring/strut combo ... ??
99V6solaraSE
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby ICrazyChrisI » Wed Sep 01, 2004 9:20 pm

I'd be a waste since he doesn't want it to have a "harsher" ride, nor lower than an inch. I say keep it stock.
ICrazyChrisI
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Mole » Wed Sep 01, 2004 10:02 pm

99sOLaRaSEaUto wrote:so would yall say coilovers are better than the spring/strut combo ... ??

as i've said before, coilovers are FARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR more superior than theeeeeeeeeee best strut/spring combo out there.
the power of 8
Mole
molerator
molerator

Postby Turbosolara » Wed Sep 01, 2004 10:14 pm

with eibach or TRD you will be fine. 1.2-1.5" still pretty high. take out a ruler and see what far the difference between 1 inch and 1.2 inch
2002 Lexus IS300 5MT
1997 Prelude base, 5MT
Turbosolara
juicy Taiwanese sausage
juicy Taiwanese sausage

Re: plz help!!

Postby Fenix » Thu Sep 02, 2004 7:32 am

importracer287 wrote:ok i swear i used the search button but i want to know if there are some lowering springs that will lower my car an inch or less. i looked up the trd, eibach, and tein and they all lower more than an inch and i would be ok with that its just that my dad wont let me lower it if its going to lower it more than an inch. o and i have a 2000 solara sle v6. so any help on this would be much appricated. thanks!

I have a solution for you. Just go with any lower springs you want, however, as when you or someone install the springs, don't cut the "bump stop", the plastic thing that goes between the spring and the strut.

IF you don't cut that bump stop, the car will still be lower, but not as low as it's supposed to be.

this is what I speak from my experience. I installed the Votland springs on mine, and didn't know that i was supposed to cut that bump stop thing, so after lowering, my car was still lil high. At the Mid-Atlantic meet, people saw it like 3 fingers gap.
Thinking that the Votland springs were at fault, I later bought the Tein and with the help of RayCarlos, I found out that the bump stops were the problem.

According to the Tein, the bump stop needs to be cut like 1 inches for the car to be lower 1.75 inches from the ground (i'm not sure about the number since it'd been a while). Therefore, maybe you could cut the bump stop 1/2 inch??

good luck dude.
R.I.P baby.
Here come the black on black 5spds. New era....
Fenix
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby BradOwens » Thu Sep 02, 2004 3:06 pm

1jzgte wrote:did your dad pay for the car?

yes he did. im not going to get into the story but he gave me 10000 origanlly to spend on my car and we couldnt agree on any car so he went and bought me a solara.

anyway i dont think he would let me lower even if it was an inch cause i talked to him and he said he thinks i should wait a year before i do it. so i'll just wait the year and so like next summer i'll lower it with some tein springs or something.
BradOwens
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby bassthrive » Thu Sep 02, 2004 7:11 pm

importracer287 wrote:anyway i dont think he would let me lower even if it was an inch cause i talked to him and he said he thinks i should wait a year before i do it. so i'll just wait the year and so like next summer i'll lower it with some tein springs or something.

I've heard that before. Unless you already have a fat bankroll, it may just be his way of saying be wise with your money and dont rush into blowin cash on mods just yet. It is a vicious cycle when you catch the modding bug....
- Paul

y2k(1MZ)dWp
cpe mafci / apexi ws / tein s-tech + tokico / trd rsb
bassthrive
SolaraGuy Marklar
SolaraGuy Marklar

Next

Return to Aftermarket Gen1 and 1.5