[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Coilover / Aggressive Fitment Questions
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 1-1.5 upgrades.

Coilover / Aggressive Fitment Questions

Re: Coilover / Aggressive Fitment Questions

Postby t3chnique » Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:16 pm

^^ Well napster_atk is likely to be added to that list if he goes through with this. After all, he is repping SW in his sig.

Can't wait to see this finished, let us know how the D2s feel once they're installed. That pic that Kenny posted with a 9.5 is what an 8.5 looks like on a Camry with stock fenders lol.
Tony the Tiger wrote:FWD = king of the streets with unpredictable pavement and road conditions.
t3chnique
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby napster_atk » Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:08 pm

thanks everyone for the comments, here are a few updates;
i ordered D2's and paid for it just to find out that they are on back order and need to be built and sent from Taiwan, so i ended up getting my money back (since the only other option i had was k-sports) and just bought the JIC magics, which according to the seller, i should have them by thursday.
also after talking some more with friends and doing more measurement and such, we figured no matter what, i'm gonna have to roll/pull the fenders. so for right now, im going to try to go in this order (due to available parts and funds);
putting on the coils, and lower it,
put on as much negative camber i can and still clear the struts,
install 225/35R19's (maybe 215's, i havent seen one stretched on 9.5 and im kinda scared, it'll be too much stretch),
and last, pull the fenders.
keep tuned, and i'll update as soon as i receive the coils.

mean while feel free to give me your ideas / 0.02$ on this project.
napster_atk
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby napster_atk » Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:25 pm

---CAMRAZY--- wrote:Toy1mzfe, Gregtrd, Rufus129 and Kenny are the only ones ever that have gottten close to some crazy fitment...

define crazy fitment though. i dont really consider my fitment crazy considering its only 9.5" wide. a bit wider than usual? yes, but crazy? im not so sure...
napster_atk
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby indiglosolara » Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:02 pm

9.5" was never really pulled off by anyone with a solara.
The most ppl have done in the past is 8.5" and MAYBE 9".

Due to the Lack of space not too many have tried to go any larger then the 8.5" which has been proven to fit with VERY little modification.
Not too many members on here are willing to venture out. The names listed above are a FEW of the ppl that have ventured out into the fitment game, others have just played it safe.

People on this forum use to say +25 offset wouldn't fit in the rear with 8.5" and get too much rubbing. But my previous wheels were 8.5" +25 offset and I ran them with only a fender pull/roll.
I think thats what he means.

There are a few others on here that have good fitment. Not quite as aggressive as of the some of us but flush and clean.
You know who you are.

But I am def. looking forward to seeing your set-up and how you will over come some of the obsticals I went through.
9.5" in the rear with +20 offset I was about 1/2 outside my fenders with already a pull. If I didn't have my fenders pulled the wheel would be sitting out a little more.
indiglosolara
Solara 2 xB
Solara 2 xB

Postby napster_atk » Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:31 am

thanks for clarifying that. hopefully i'll be able to pull a clean setup. at least thats what the plan is. i've also been looking into some wheel arches, to see if i'll find any universal wheel arches that would help my tuck in the wheels of at least make them flush.

do you have any finished pictures? or is your setup also in progress?
napster_atk
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Toy1mzfe » Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:49 am

heres a picture of 215/35/19 on 9.5's

and 225/35/19 on 9.5

These might not be good shots but you kinda see the stretch.
Toy1mzfe
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby indiglosolara » Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:10 am

napster_atk wrote:thanks for clarifying that. hopefully i'll be able to pull a clean setup. at least thats what the plan is. i've also been looking into some wheel arches, to see if i'll find any universal wheel arches that would help my tuck in the wheels of at least make them flush.

do you have any finished pictures? or is your setup also in progress?

No pictures right now.. But I will be getting some soon. I am working out a few kinks before I post anything.
Plus I was in a middle of a move couple weeks ago so I had to put everything on hold.

Hopefully in the next coming weeks when I get my car cleaned up.
indiglosolara
Solara 2 xB
Solara 2 xB

Postby napster_atk » Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:46 pm

Toy1mzfe wrote:heres a picture of 215/35/19 on 9.5's

and 225/35/19 on 9.5

These might not be good shots but you kinda see the stretch.

sweet! that looks like a decent stretch. i'm def. going to do that
napster_atk
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby napster_atk » Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:47 pm

indiglosolara wrote:No pictures right now.. But I will be getting some soon. I am working out a few kinks before I post anything.
Plus I was in a middle of a move couple weeks ago so I had to put everything on hold.

Hopefully in the next coming weeks when I get my car cleaned up.

good deal. im looking forward to it.
napster_atk
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby napster_atk » Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:56 pm

ok guys, a few changes was made.
i got the coils in and installed them, but couldnt put the rear wheels back on, even with the spacers. so i traded wheels and got a set of 17X8's off of a TL and put them on. the coilovers are as low as they can go in the front and .5" from bottoming out in the rear. still need a camber kit for rear, so i ghetto rolled the fenders. there is a bit of rubbing in the back, but non in the front. i'll have pics up here shortly.
over all i wasn't able to pull of an aggressive look, but it sure looks good, and i'm happy with it!
napster_atk
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby mig0s » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:17 pm

Dayum, from 19's to 17s, you should've at least get some 18s. But 8" wide is sexy:)
Upload some pictures asap!!!
1999 V6 5-Speed... so beautiful :' )
Black housing headlights, corner. 55w 6k HID, 2500k fogs, TWM Short Shifter+weighted knob, Tein+KYB, TRD lip kit + Acura CL type-S front lip. TSW Kyalami 18x8. Cutom 2.5" SS free flow muffler.
mig0s
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Toy1mzfe » Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:22 am

hmm 17s dont really fit the solara too well with aggressive-ness.

must see pictures before i can judge.
Toy1mzfe
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby napster_atk » Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:49 am

its not exactly aggressive looking but, it looks good to me. as low as i'm sitting, im tucking a little bit of my tires in. i'll have some pics up tonight if it doesn't rain.
napster_atk
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby napster_atk » Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:38 pm

here are some shots i took today.

to be honest, after being outside the car and seeing the way it looks, i must admit, I HATE IT! compared to my friends cars, this car is a 4X4 even when the coilovers are all the way down.

i really need help now. i need to make this car look lower. i dont like the way the 2 piece front lip looks like on the solara, i was wondering if the lip from any other car would fit with some modification?!

i'm at a point that any tip can help, so please help out!
napster_atk
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby t3chnique » Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:22 pm

As expected, car looks like it's on drop springs. This is by far one of the worst aspects of the older Camry/Solara platform. Even when dropped 2-3 inches lower then stock, it looks high, figured this out real quick after a few suspension setups. The frames on these cars hang about 2 inches lower than the edges of the bumpers and door sills, hence the 4x4 appearance. Maybe ya should have waited for teh D2s, as they probably go a little lower. Nonetheless, props for the effort.

As car as lips go, either the HD lip or a custom fitted Honda lip will work. Show us some still pics from the side!
Tony the Tiger wrote:FWD = king of the streets with unpredictable pavement and road conditions.
t3chnique
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

PreviousNext

Return to Aftermarket Gen1 and 1.5