[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Front Sway bar question
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 1-1.5 upgrades.

Front Sway bar question

Re: Advantages/Disadvantages

Postby Peter » Wed Jan 01, 2003 10:30 pm

RedSolaraGuy wrote:Is there any reason to install lowering springs and struts before you install front and rear sway bars. Would a different order of installation make the other more difficult to do? Thanks a lot.

yeah, i wanna know that one too. and im getting the trd rear sway bar soon, should i try the stiffer settings first?
Peter's "Black Sheep"
-1999 Toyota Solara SE V6 Black 5 Speed

Visit Black Sheep
Peter
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby cdssolara » Thu Jan 02, 2003 1:22 pm

No, the order shouldn't make any difference. It might be helpful to you if you don't have all of it done at the same time. That way, you could evaluate the benefits of the sway bars on their own, before adding the springs and struts. Or vice versa.
cdssolara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Re: Advantages/Disadvantages

Postby cdssolara » Thu Jan 02, 2003 1:25 pm

Peter wrote:
RedSolaraGuy wrote:Is there any reason to install lowering springs and struts before you install front and rear sway bars. Would a different order of installation make the other more difficult to do? Thanks a lot.

yeah, i wanna know that one too. and im getting the trd rear sway bar soon, should i try the stiffer settings first?

If you're talking about the separate settings on the rear sway bar, you should probably start with the street setting first. That's the outer set of holes on the bar. Once you see how the car reacts with that setting, then try the inner holes, or track setting, which stiffen the rear even more.
cdssolara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Previous

Return to Aftermarket Gen1 and 1.5