[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - A bit tardy to the party
New and Old SolaraGuy members should post a hello message here to let everyone know who you are. Tell us about your Solara! We want to know.

A bit tardy to the party

A bit tardy to the party

Postby BobbyBaker » Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:32 pm

Hey guys, my name is Bobby, I drive a 1999 Toyota Solara SLE. I've owned this Solara for a little over 2 years now, it was my first car and I honestly don't want a different one. Although I wish I would have bought an SE for a 5 speed.

I'm currently living in Indiana, not the most fun place in the world, but there are quite a few people who love their cars out here so it's easy to find people to talk to about them.

Unfortunately, there are no true "mods" on my Solara, I just turned 18 in April, and before that my parents were completely against me modding my car other than small cosmetic things.

About my car:
Bought it at 216K Miles - Still running strong at almost 250K! (Currently got my first engine light for heated O2 sensor, fixing soon)

Inside is immaculate, I'm outside every few days giving it a full detail, and washing the outside.

Outside not so good. Bought it on a snowy day in January, didn't notice decent sized dent on passenger side, nor the rust on passenger side (nothing huge, but it makes a difference to me)

The small things I've been able to do:
LED Glow interior with remote.
Blacked out grill/Toyota symbol
Carbon fiber replaced wood trim interior
JVC Head unit with 2 JVC front speakers, Rockford fosgate rear speakers, and Kenwood Subs/Amp
JDM Tow Hook (So everyone can hate and laugh at me :D )

As for me,
I'm 18, Starting college in August majoring in Computer programming, Been drumming for my entire life, love music, extremely interested in cars/racing and especially working on the Solara.
..::Incredibly Dope Since 95::..
::..1999 Toyota Solara SLE...::
BobbyBaker
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: A bit tardy to the party

Postby GzNutz » Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:58 pm

Welcome to SG!
GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby corlon » Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:02 pm

welcome! post some pics up!
NiCe
corlon
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby BobbyBaker » Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:04 pm

Thank you both for the welcomes. I tried to post some pictures but I think due to the fact that It's a new account I can't post them? I'm not positive. Just moved and my Internet got fixed so I will try again tonight.
..::Incredibly Dope Since 95::..
::..1999 Toyota Solara SLE...::
BobbyBaker
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to Introductions