[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - new here from austin texas (lakeway)
New and Old SolaraGuy members should post a hello message here to let everyone know who you are. Tell us about your Solara! We want to know.

new here from austin texas (lakeway)

new here from austin texas (lakeway)

Postby shotgun » Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:06 pm

hey everyone! im chase and i drive a 2000 toyota solara 3.0 v6 automatic SLE and i absolutely love it and am interested in meeting up at some meets here in Austin Texas or even a deep south meet!

OK so the back story... im 19 and i got the car about 2 years ago on gulf cost where i use to live (Portland, TX) and an elderly couple used it as a shopping are and drove it really soft. the car had 117,000 mile and its a dream!

so far i had a massive system composed of 4 quantum audio 4000 watt class d mono-block amps pushing a pair of 12 in the trunk and a pair of 15 in the back seat, needless to say my car was the loudest in the parking lot of my school XD, i removed the 15's and one of the amps a few months ago and mounted the remaining amp on the back of the 12's ported box.

installed a blue led stinger volt meter over the extra 12v car adapter with a switch

changed all the gage lights(blue background, everything on bottom red, and the sifter lights blue and white), auto shiftgate light (blue), both overhead dome lights (front white, back blue), modded an led on the cigarette lighter ring (red) that matches the key ring (red)

removed alot of the nasty wood adhesive from around the car then painted it white to match the outside,

painted the 2 rods that keep the hood open red

went to scrap yard and bought a cover that goes on top of the rocker panel and painted it red and painted the rocker cover white!

also custom painted the stock front sway bar then red and had a TRD logo put in the middle

blacked out the grille, and plastidipped the hood, roof, and trunk black, blacked out tail lights (about to remove it thought because its illegal here in texas), and i did the headlights and corner lights but the covers on the corners got messed up in the oven.

and thats really it for the modifications, i want to save up and buy new rims and coil overs so i can add some camber and drop the car down in its stance, o and the lower lip kit or body kit by molly designs (black)

but ya thats my story so far and i cant wait to get more involved in the solara community!!! if someone can link me to a tutorial on how to post pictures that would kick ass because i want to post some so you all can see what I've done!

looking forward to hearing from everyone!
shotgun
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: new here from austin texas (lakeway)

Postby GzNutz » Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:21 pm

Welcome!
GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby JackWaggon » Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:24 pm

I'm fairly new myself, but welcome anyway. Nice to see more folks here from Texas.
JackWaggon
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby 1gSE » Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:06 pm

Welcome!

Get a photobucket, flickr or whatever account. Upload pix to said account. Copy the img url...paste here. Or if you have fb, right click and copy image location (firefox) wrap it in the forums img tags and bam...done. We seriously need a sticky for that
Last edited by 1gSE on Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GTO-Vararam/Kooks/Spintech/MGW-P/Tune-12.9 @108
Solara-M62 @ 5.5psi
1gSE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby shotgun » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:35 am

ya i need to know how to upload a 150x160 pixel thing for the avatar photo and the things that appear below your post like the text and like small wallpaper?!?! idk how stickys work either or what they are haha but i will try figuring it out i just need to be pointed in the right direction haha
shotgun
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby JackWaggon » Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:36 pm

I just pm'd you with some info.
JackWaggon
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby dinoxor » Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:12 pm

Welcome!
Nice to see another Texas member!
dinoxor
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby LEE337 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:22 pm

:evilbat: WELCOME TO SG :evilbat:

I haven't been on here in a while. It's nice to get back on and see more Texas members.
I see a Texas SolaraGuy Meet forming 8)

The only one we got together was in 2009
Check it out: viewtopic.php?t=46231
(pics on 15)

Although, next TSG Meet should be at a track of some sort :D
Texas SolaraGuy Meet
LEE337
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Return to Introductions