[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - n00b alert!
New and Old SolaraGuy members should post a hello message here to let everyone know who you are. Tell us about your Solara! We want to know.

n00b alert!

n00b alert!

Postby Jaydo » Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:10 pm

Hey guys!

I'm brand new to this forum, and just wanted to say hello to y'all before I start making myself look like an idiot by asking stupid questions about my lara.

I should also point out that my '99 V6 SE is my first car, and I've barely had it for 2 months. I've never worked on cars before, I've had a little bit of experience driving some souped up street cars, but I never cared to look at what was under the hood, much less understand it. That being said, I have a few things I'd like to do to mine, but I don't want to touch it until I understand how everything works. I have a basic understanding of engines and systems, but things like suspension, turbos, boosters, and general power enhancers are completely foreign to me.

So I have some basic questions to get answered to make sure that I'm not barking up the wrong tree here, but for now I just wanted to announce myself. Be aware that I might be PM'ing some of you with some noobish questions.

Until then, Cheers!

Jaydo.
Jaydo
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: n00b alert!

Postby GzNutz » Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:43 pm

Welcome to SG! If you post a question be sure to do a quick search to see if its been asked before.
GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby 1gSE » Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:57 pm

Welcome. Definitely search. There's tons of info out there. If you still have questions, feel free to ask. We have a pretty knowledgeable group of people here
GTO-Vararam/Kooks/Spintech/MGW-P/Tune-12.9 @108
Solara-M62 @ 5.5psi
1gSE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby TLMNICK » Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:16 am

Welcome to the forums. As the others have mentioned, a quick search of any questions you might have will yield a lot of information here. Being that your car is a 99, you can bet that any issue/concern that you might have about the car...someone's already been through it, and it's all posted here.
TLMNICK
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby DSM_Lara » Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:44 pm

As we say in Hawaii "E Komo Mai" Image to Solaraguy.
1999 Toyota Solara SE V6 (TRD Edition) Rare Greddy EvoII/CP-E Intake/Renova Grill/Black Housing Front/OEM Hood Deflector :kp: :spam3: :spam1:Musubi
DSM_Lara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby DriDed » Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:19 pm

Welcome aboard!

2004 Toyota Solara SE (2az-fe) automatic
+TRD front strut brace
+TRD rear sway bar
+Injen Short ram intake
+Pioneer DEH 2200 UB headunit
DriDed