[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - 99 solara whats up and quick question
New and Old SolaraGuy members should post a hello message here to let everyone know who you are. Tell us about your Solara! We want to know.

99 solara whats up and quick question

99 solara whats up and quick question

Postby wiseman » Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:21 pm

[img]img_20121031_143353[/img]

My names billy i got my solara about 6 months ago and have been in love since ive done a few things to it like paint, new rims, system, blacked it out, dropped it, ect. But now im trying to start working on the engine and making it a little faster but i dont know to much about all that yet i just ordered a weapon r dragon intake so i was wondering if this is a good match for the car and if itll give me any extra hp or if i should cancel it and go a different route but anyways just saying whats up and ill be on the forum trying to learn how to do some of this work and sharing my progress and all that good stuff its the 3.0l btw
wiseman
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Re: 99 solara whats up and quick question

Postby ToyoSolV6 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:32 am

Welcome, that intake is just made for pretty noises that will scare kids. If you want real power. Supercharge it.

nuff said.
One of the few Built Forged Supercharged solaras in so cal
335whp x 344tq.
ToyoSolV6
Solaraguy's dopest driver

Postby wiseman » Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:10 pm

Yeah i eventually want to supercharge it for sure i just dont have enough at the moment to do it and my next question actually was will i be able to do the super charger myself like the intake or is that more of a job where a shop would need to do it
wiseman
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby ToyoSolV6 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:29 pm

wiseman wrote:Yeah i eventually want to supercharge it for sure i just dont have enough at the moment to do it and my next question actually was will i be able to do the super charger myself like the intake or is that more of a job where a shop would need to do it

to install a supercharger is not hard but if you have never done any mechanical work on these cars then i wouldnt recomend you do it. As for doing an intake its super easy. Takes 10-15 minutes to intall.
One of the few Built Forged Supercharged solaras in so cal
335whp x 344tq.
ToyoSolV6

Postby GzNutz » Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:07 pm

Welcome!
GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby DSM_Lara » Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:38 pm

As we say in Hawaii "E Komo Mai" Image to Solaraguy.
1999 Toyota Solara SE V6 (TRD Edition) Rare Greddy EvoII/CP-E Intake/Renova Grill/Black Housing Front/OEM Hood Deflector :kp: :spam3: :spam1:Musubi
DSM_Lara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Return to Introductions