[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - New Solara owner
New and Old SolaraGuy members should post a hello message here to let everyone know who you are. Tell us about your Solara! We want to know.

New Solara owner

New Solara owner

Postby seashoregirl » Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:39 am

I came over to Solara from Saab. I like the sporty drive, but I'm missing the adventure sort of feeling I got from the Saab. I had a towbar and plan to get one again, but as I was reading the board it seems as if this is frowned upon, not for practical reasons, but because it was uncool.

I tow a little sailboat.
seashoregirl
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: New Solara owner

Postby GzNutz » Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:23 pm

Welcome to SG! There are a few members with gen2's who tow that I know of. It just gets a bad wrap when people try pulling larger items behind their Laras. That adventure sort of feeling with the Saab wouldn't have been due to multiple trips to the shop for repairs, would it?
:lol:
GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Re: New Solara owner

Postby seashoregirl » Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:51 am

It was actually a pretty good car with fewer problems than my previous car, a Chevy Malibu.

I drive about 25k a year, about 1/3 of which are commuting/utilitarian miles.

I considered a subru but the gulp fuel. I got about 27mpg with the Saab, getting about 26 with the Solara so far
seashoregirl
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to Introductions