[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - New Here From Ontario, Intro and Question
New and Old SolaraGuy members should post a hello message here to let everyone know who you are. Tell us about your Solara! We want to know.

New Here From Ontario, Intro and Question

New Here From Ontario, Intro and Question

Postby tcbted » Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:16 pm

Just committed to purchase a 2006 SLE with 50k.

After driving a 2004 Accord EXL, I craved the silky smooth Toyota motor and ride quality. I've previously owned a 2007 Camry, 07 ES350, 04 LS430, and 00 ES300. Honda's have great high rev motors, but the ride quality just isn't there.
The SLE really feels like a two door ES330, minus a few soft touches in the interior.
Here is a pic from the dealer's lot. I pick it up in a few days.

We test drove 3 Solara's today, which made the choice relatively easy. This one was the most expensive, was traded in at a Lexus dealer. Basically felt like a new car. It is a one owner car with full service history, and just felt a step above the other, higher mileage Solara's I test drove. Felt it was wise to get the best one I could find, even if it cost a bit more initially.

Question: I will be fitting this SLE with snows and rims. Would the best option be going down a size to a
215/60-16 setup, or are there better options.

Thanks in advance, great forum, great cars!
tcbted
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: New Here From Ontario, Intro and Question

Postby GzNutz » Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:19 pm

Welcome to the site. I currently use my stock wheels with winter tires. Going to a 16" wheel would be fine and save you some cash in the long run.
GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby yaddadaimsayin » Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:57 pm

welcome to solaraguy!
l CP-e Intake l TRD Lowered/Exhaust/RSB l 20/5 Tints l Custom Grille l Alpine HU l Rocksford Amp l 2 10" JBL Subs l 6000k HID l Smoked 2.5 Tails l Satisfied Driver l
yaddadaimsayin
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby tcbted » Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:57 pm

Thanks for the welcome.

I actually pick up my Solara tomorrow, but I've already purchased a tire package for the winter.

I purchased immaculate Lexus ES350 17" wheels with Blizzak snow tires, for just over $500.
Tires are at about 70%, fine for our needs.

I didn't feel like getting my new car, then slapping black steelies on it for the next 4 months.

I'll post pics later.
tcbted
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to Introductions