[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Hello Everyone
New and Old SolaraGuy members should post a hello message here to let everyone know who you are. Tell us about your Solara! We want to know.

Hello Everyone

Hello Everyone

Postby SolaraSport » Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:51 pm

Hi, I am new to this forum and I am looking forward to looking through the threads.
I have an 06 Solara SE on 20 inch rims. It is Pearl White with A Pearl Black Top. Of course I also got the regular mods, HIDs top and bottom, DVD/ Navigation. This car is my baby and I still have a few upgrades to go.
SolaraSport
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: Hello Everyone

Postby EkiMucH » Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:34 am

Wow that looks nice! welcome!!! any more pictures?
EkiMucH
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby SolaraSport » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:50 am

Here's a few pics.

Thanks for the warm welcome guys!!
SolaraSport
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby parkc96 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:48 am

i normally dont like big chrome rims but that car is lookin nice! i love the black roof.

2000 camry 4 cylinder: rims, tint, spoiler, head unit, partially debadged, custom catback, custom grille... more to come.
parkc96
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby SolaraSport » Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:02 am

Thanks bro
SolaraSport
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby EkiMucH » Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:59 am

liking that black top! thinking of vinyl for mine
EkiMucH
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby SolaraSport » Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:47 pm

I was supposed to go with vinyl also. But when I got to the car shop they told me specifically that vinyl would not be the right decision.
The reasons he gave me were the following and they bought up some real great points that I never thought of (This can probably help you in your decision).
1) It costs about the same to paint it (I actually got it done for less than if I would have got the vinyl)
2) With vinyl you can NOT wash/wax it EVER because it will scratch the vinyl and the scratches will become noticeable because it is black
3) Last but not least, because the car has a sunroof they would have to partition the vinyl into different pieces; in other words when installed you will be able to see the lines that show the separation of vinyls. After a while dirt will get stuck in between the lines and it will be impossible to get out.

If you are able to get the paint job for a good price I would suggest that than adding the black vinyl even though it is permanent. I'm looking forward to see how it looks when you get it done.
SolaraSport
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby yaddadaimsayin » Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:50 pm

nice. riding on dubs. what else do you have planned for this car? raise or lower? :P
l CP-e Intake l TRD Lowered/Exhaust/RSB l 20/5 Tints l Custom Grille l Alpine HU l Rocksford Amp l 2 10" JBL Subs l 6000k HID l Smoked 2.5 Tails l Satisfied Driver l
yaddadaimsayin
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby GzNutz » Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:53 pm

Welcome!
GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby EkiMucH » Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:33 pm

cool thanks for that tip!
EkiMucH
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby SolaraSport » Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:10 pm

yaddadaimsayin wrote:nice. riding on dubs. what else do you have planned for this car? raise or lower? :P

I was thinking of lowering it a little.
SolaraSport
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to Introductions