[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Just another new guy...
New and Old SolaraGuy members should post a hello message here to let everyone know who you are. Tell us about your Solara! We want to know.

Just another new guy...

Just another new guy...

Postby chriscarter » Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:29 pm

Just found this site. I have a 2002 Solara SE-V6, 5-speed manual gearbox, sun/moonroof, ABS. etc..........silver/ dark grey leather........possibly interested in some performance improvements, but nothing radical..........basically just engine efficiency upgrades.........I consider this as what used to be called a "touring car", not a sports car.

A side note....I think it's hilarious that Toyota put a power driver's seat in this car, and a manually operated passenger seat!
chriscarter

Re: Just another new guy...

Postby 1gSE » Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:09 pm

some of us just like to tour a little faster than others ;) welcome to the forum
GTO-Vararam/Kooks/Spintech/MGW-P/Tune-12.9 @108
Solara-M62 @ 5.5psi
1gSE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby mig0s » Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:38 am

you got a rare manual gen1.5 there! Make it look good!
1999 V6 5-Speed... so beautiful :' )
Black housing headlights, corner. 55w 6k HID, 2500k fogs, TWM Short Shifter+weighted knob, Tein+KYB, TRD lip kit + Acura CL type-S front lip. TSW Kyalami 18x8. Cutom 2.5" SS free flow muffler.
mig0s
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby GzNutz » Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:53 pm

Welcome!
GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby SPICA1750 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:34 pm

welcome! pictures?
2000 Toyota Solara SE<aftermarket exhaust>
1995 BMW 525i..(sold)
SPICA1750
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby GzNutz » Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:13 pm

chriscarter wrote:A side note....I think it's hilarious that Toyota put a power driver's seat in this car, and a manually operated passenger seat!

Even better that this continued on in the Gen 2.
GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby chriscarter » Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:24 am

Thanks, all..........photos in a day or two........CTC
chriscarter

Postby chriscarter » Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:41 pm

Thanks, anyway everybody. This site is terribly confusing and difficult to navigate. I still can't figure out the hoops through which I must jump to upload photos. A topic I tried to post concerning production numbers which I thought would be of interest to many has yet to appear after 3 days...and I can find NO link to contact the site/forum administrators. This is just WAY too difficult and cumbersome for something that is supposed to be fun and informative. I'm out..........
chriscarter

Postby mig0s » Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:55 am

^^ hey man there's nothing difficult on this site! :P

For pictures, upload them to a online picture hosting site like www.imageshack.us
Then copy the direct link of the picture and put it in your posts like that:
[img]DIRECTLINKHERE[/img]

For a new thread, just go to the appropriate section and click on "newtopic" on the upper side.
1999 V6 5-Speed... so beautiful :' )
Black housing headlights, corner. 55w 6k HID, 2500k fogs, TWM Short Shifter+weighted knob, Tein+KYB, TRD lip kit + Acura CL type-S front lip. TSW Kyalami 18x8. Cutom 2.5" SS free flow muffler.
mig0s
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby chriscarter » Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:15 pm

Thanks, I'll keep trying. I have been able to post a few replies to mechanical questions/issues. I was an import mechanic in a previous life. Thanks for your help!
chriscarter

Postby mightymouse402 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:56 am

Welcome to the fam! You'll get the hang of it eventually, I've been here for a few years and I was also confused when they changed the format of the site a little while back. Nonetheless, welcome and enjoy your solara! :party:
That's what she said...

mightymouse402
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby crispone » Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:04 am

Welcome! Don't give up. This is THE BEST (only?) site for these cars, and really a GREAT source for info and community. MUCH better than MANY (actually, MOST) other car forums as far as community support and generally "non-flaming" testosterone rich a-holes go! (Although there IS an occasional exception... like when ProRally drivers come in and make fools of themselves... but I digress! That's ANOTHER story!) 8)

Enjoy your car and the site. We are here to help and guide you as well as share in your experiences. Stick around...

-crisp :evilbat:
crispone
Immitagably Verbose Dude
Immitagably Verbose Dude

Postby chriscarter » Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:53 pm

Thanks, I appreciate the thoughts!..........CTC
chriscarter

Postby hella_m » Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:12 pm

how do u like ur solara? mine is awesome and i love itttt!!!!
hella_m
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby DSM_Lara » Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:03 am

As we say in Hawaii "E Komo Mai" Image to Solaraguy.
1999 Toyota Solara SE V6 (TRD Edition) Rare Greddy EvoII/CP-E Intake/Renova Grill/Black Housing Front/OEM Hood Deflector :kp: :spam3: :spam1:Musubi
DSM_Lara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Next

Return to Introductions