[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Hey!
New and Old SolaraGuy members should post a hello message here to let everyone know who you are. Tell us about your Solara! We want to know.

Hey!

Hey!

Postby Solorange » Tue Feb 08, 2005 10:08 pm

Hey my name is Chris. I was recommended to this site from some people on car domain and people on toyota nation. I been into cars ever since Ive been out of dipers. I traded my 97 Camaro RS in for a 99 Toyota Solara. Its an Autumn Red Mica SE V6 with a 5 spd. Im pretty happy with my new car. I seems to be faster than my 3.8L camaro, but the track will determine that one. I do miss the rear wheel drive and t-tops though. Future mods for this car will start this spring. But since im always strap for cash because im a poor college dude, I unfortunatly as of right now i will only be doing some suspension work with rims not much farther down the road. Based on the research ive done it seems that i could get some coil overs or replace the springs and struts. I will be going with the spring and struts option by changing to some tokico blues with the intrax progressive springs. Im considering getting some 17" Exel rims, but Im not sure about the quality of the rims. I know they copy off of other brands and I have been told by one person that they do make good rims, but i would like hear more than one person confirm that one. One good thing I do like about them is the price of 750 bucks for four rims with brand new tires! Tell me what you think, and hope to hear from all of you!
1999 Toyota Solara SEV6 5speed
2009 Toyota Highlander Sport
2005 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Solorange
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby xsolara33x » Tue Feb 08, 2005 10:09 pm

welcome bro... check out peoples rides to see what people have done to their cars...
raphael
xsolara33x
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby thealkimo » Wed Feb 09, 2005 2:03 am

i thought you were going to have an orange solara!

but welcome anyways :wink:
thealkimo
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Solorange - Cincinnati/Toledo OH - 99 Solara Autumn Red V6 5

Postby michaels artic frost » Wed Feb 09, 2005 5:41 am

Welcome to SG Chris,

Glad to see that you finally made it. Congrats on your new purchase. Looks like you're in the Cincy area. Perhaps you would be interested in a Solaraguy meet sometime in spring or early summer in the Louisville are. Let me know and I'll add you to the email list for KY and the surrounding areas.

Good luck with your mods and upgrades and enjoy the forum...get some pics when you get a chance.

-Michael 8)
Updated 06/01/12: Michael T's
Updated 06/01/12: JUICED! 232whp 294ft/lbs of torque
"Every passing minute is another chance to turn it all around."
michaels artic frost
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby Jai_Jai_Binks » Wed Feb 09, 2005 10:34 am

welcome, in the summers you will appreciate teh moonroof more (than t-tops - cus the blazing sun won't be beming down on you and your car won't be heated by it!).
Jai_Jai_Binks
Desi SolaraGuy
Desi SolaraGuy

Postby Paladin06Greg » Wed Feb 09, 2005 10:49 am

8) Welcome! You will find some good people with some great cars on SG. Prepare to empty your wallet.. 8)
Last edited by Paladin06Greg on Wed Feb 09, 2005 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Paladin06Greg
Torqued Solara
Torqued Solara

Postby Astro » Wed Feb 09, 2005 10:50 am

Welcome :D
ImageImage
Lexus lip kit, LED tails, F-Sport Intake, HKS hi-power exhaust, TEIN S-tech springs
Astro
SolaraGuy Professional Racer
SolaraGuy Professional Racer

Postby sto » Wed Feb 09, 2005 11:50 am

welcome

-sto
sto
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Solorange » Wed Feb 09, 2005 1:09 pm

thealkimo wrote:i thought you were going to have an orange solara!

but welcome anyways :wink:

Yeah, toyota calls it red but i looks more orange to me. Especially when the sunlight hits it. Its almost similar to the gm sunset orange except a bit darker.

Thanks for all the welcomes everybody.
Last edited by Solorange on Wed Feb 09, 2005 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Solorange
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Re: Solorange - Cincinnati/Toledo OH - 99 Solara Autumn Red

Postby Solorange » Wed Feb 09, 2005 1:15 pm

michaels artic frost wrote:Welcome to SG Chris,

Glad to see that you finally made it. Congrats on your new purchase. Looks like you're in the Cincy area. Perhaps you would be interested in a Solaraguy meet sometime in spring or early summer in the Louisville are. Let me know and I'll add you to the email list for KY and the surrounding areas.

Good luck with your mods and upgrades and enjoy the forum...get some pics when you get a chance.

-Michael 8)

That would be awsome! I hope to have some stuff done to my car by then. I wouldnt mind driving down to louisville for some events as long as i dont have other car shows then or other obligations. I plan on going to indy bash in indianapolis, daytona beach, and cruisefest which is somewhere in the dayton/columbas area. Last year at indy bash some guy who im sure is on here had a nice pearl white solara with the exhaust coming out of the back bumper. He had tons of other mods and from what i could see, Its pretty quick! My email is rallysportman1997@yahoo.com Thanks a bunch!
Solorange
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby cdeez » Wed Feb 09, 2005 2:06 pm

welcome and enjoy the forum.... 8)
last standing...
Socalara...
cdeez
SolaraGuy Street Racer